Does lower fill rate and higher CTR improve revenue ?

We keep being told by advertising platforms:

1. Increase your refresh rate
  2. This increases your CTR (click through rate)
  3. Higher CTR = better quality adverts
  4. Better quality adverts = higher CPC (cost per click)
  5. Overall = more revenue

Here are some numbers:
Impressions: 120k (30 sec refresh)
CTR: 0.11%
CPC: $0.04
Revenue: $4.88

Impressions: 29k (120 sec refresh)
CTR: 0.41%
CPC: $0.03
Revenue: $3.79

Soo… WTF ?

What we are seeing is that it may make sense when there is very little difference between the CPC across days… but when the CPC is really low (under $0.05) … the difference between $0.04 and $0.03 is about 30% … and the CTR jump does NOT make up the difference you see between days as the CPC jumps up/down 30%.

At this point, it becomes an optimization problem. EG: Maybe a 60 or 90 second refresh ?

I think you have to consider a longer testing period - admob will surely not taking single-day CTRs into account. It should be tested at least a month.

During that month you still has the “normal” CPC fluctuations - like currently the CPC is doing like a lemming on christmas while it was like superman 2 weeks ago.

with the higher Impressions you will get more “adsense” ads for sure (or I think) and they have naturally a lower CPC.

Whatever - there is something, I am curious about. I would be highly interested in knowledge, if I turn OFF refreshment completely … if the percentage of adsense ads stays the same or not. I mean, how does admob manage the internal distribution of ads.

Maybe it is a global distribution? So you will get the same adsense percentage regardless of how much Ads you’re displaying. Has anyone some experience with that?

By the way, thanks for the numbers, it’s a quite interesting topic!

Yeah, you will need a much higher sample size not only for statistical purposes, but there might be a small delay/inaccuracy in the reporting that needs to be made up for.

Also, does anyone have information on how higher CTR rates meaning you’ll get better quality ads? I know a lot of ad servers optimize to show more relevant ads based on what gets clicked… but that will only work if they’ve got the ad inventory ready to serve there in that case!

ad servers (like adwhirl) have no “inventory”, they try to get a high paying ad. For that purpose, they request on different ad networks a banner (=1 impression for each) and deliver only the highest paying to you. So you get many impressions which was never actually shown.

where to buy fresh google play account ?