publishing - showing the ad on the screenshot?

I’m thinking about screenshots on Play Store. My free app has an adMob banner, so I guess if I post a screenshot without this ad the users may feel pissed off. My ad is above some other Layouts, since the ad is not loaded immediately I faced an issue: after the ad is loaded and shown, the screen size available for the user suddenly gets smaller and this feels like a bad user experience. I solved it following way: the AdView’s visibility is set to gone at the beginning and there’s a simple Layout showing the text “Ads by Google”. This Layout has the same dimensions as the AdView. When the ad is ready, that dummy Layout is gone and the ad is visible. The question is: what screenshot should I post - the one showing this “Ads by Google” or the one containing a real ad?

None…
I personally like the screenshots without ads…

I have seen screenshots with real banner ads being visible (and the advertiser being idenfiable).

I have ignored showing a banner ad in my screenshots - BUT there maybe some utility to showing a banner ad IF you have somehow magically placed it in layout that it is NOT intrusive etc. Otherwise putting it in the screenshot it may just highlight that your app is banner ad mostly and less app … though it would be more representative of the actual user experience.

Amazon requires it. For Google Play it’s better to remove them. But I’m usually too lazy to do it unfortunately. :wink:

Hmmm, they never had a problem with my screenshots not showing ads…

No? Maybe one of their reviewers got overly thorough with my app. Good to know though, I will upload without ads to Amazon next time. :slight_smile:

Just make yourself a house advert and put that in the adverts place…

Example: