[GAME] Minesweeper: Unlimited!

Ok, now here you are and asking me if there are not enough minesweeper games around the planet - i say no, mine is the best and that’s the end of it :slight_smile: just kidding (but it is…).

First of all, this Minesweeper Game runs on a hexagonal Layout (as you can see) - nothing really new so far (but i really love hexagons, can’t tell why) but this is not ordinary Minesweeper, no it’s unlimited Minesweeper - and that’s what it is: unlimited! You can have every board size you wish … or as much as your memory can hold to be honest. I admit at the moment it is capped with a maximum of 9999x9999 fields, which is enormous huge.

Here you can see a small video of the game in action:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydp76KOFeIc[/video]

Screenshots:

You can scroll, you can zoom (pinch to zoom) and it has Fast Reveal:

If you flaged all bombs around a Number field - just tap the number field and it reveals the adjacent pieces - (like minesweepers know) - so you can just enjoy the game.

There is a free Version available:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rnet.minesweeper.free

It’s the whole game, but without autosave (or save at all) and without highscores. No Ads at the moment (because it’s xmas) but maybe I will Ads later … don’t know at the moment. (I need food and so, you know :slight_smile: )

And there is the full version - which is supposed to support the developer (me) - it has autosave on close/pause and stores local highscores for each board you play.

I wanted to add a global highscore system, but i am not sure what to take, maybe i make one myself or I will implement … scoreloop maybe? I am just concerned about permissions, I dont want to spoil the gameplay by implementing features which turns the players off :slight_smile: But i have to say, that - say scoreloop - truly will have some marketing benefit … What do you think about it?

Please try my newest game and let me know what you think. The game is ready for all android devices (>=G2) and all screen resolutions - it should perform well, because even in the emulator(!!) it is playable.

PS: I haven’t found out if “Minesweeper” is truly a trademark or not … really, I have no idea … hopefully noone will sue me (here on my little island) …

Quite surprised no one has replied to this yet! I took a look and I quite like it, visually it’s really slick.

Am I right in thinking there aren’t any sound effects though? I think some sort of audio feedback would really improve the overall polish of the game. Also (this is a bit nitpicky) I wonder if asking the user to use one of the hardware keys to restart the game is slightly awkward? Admittedly I was playing this on a tablet so for me using the hardware keys means shifting my hold of the device. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks good though, best of luck!

Hi PrePixel and thanks for your reply!

I have already some thoughts about improvements in the next version i am working on right now :slight_smile:

Because I only got a tablet (with no vibration) i’ve forgotten on that - so it will be a vibrate for feedback on setting flags and so.

Sounds will also be added sooner or later - it’s just harder for me to make them xD

What do you mean with hardware keys? Currently I trigger the Home and the back Button to go back to Menu (or leave the game) - where you can use the “start” to play a new game and resume to proceed the current. Decribe me further so I could improve it :wink:

Just in Case: English is not my native lang so hopefully i get you rght in the first place :wink:

Your game is looking good - I like it :slight_smile: - makes a good impression except that it froze when I started it the first time. What did you use for developing it?

Anyway, it might be that Microsoft is holding the rights for the minesweeper label. Not sure if that’s of any help for you…

Sorry - I used “hardware key” out of habit, it probably isn’t the correct term anymore but we are talking about the same buttons. :slight_smile:

I just meant a more central ‘start new game’ button may be an improvement since your hand will probably be hovering over that part of screen already. It’s quite a minor thing though, what you’ve already got works fine.

HI and sorry for the late answer - i might miss to subscribe the thread :slight_smile:

The game makes use of libgdx graphics library - great lib! Beside that it’s “hand made” in java

In Minesweeper: Unlimited! I tried to make an UI which fits every screen (it’s kinda tricky … ) so I had to watch for available space :slight_smile: That’s why the buttons are where they are, I am afraid, I will not change that.

PS: Sounds added and the DEMO now is a (full) FREE version (with ads) you can of course still purchase an adfree version)

see http://www.reiti.net/minesweeper-unlimited/blog/89/update-v1-3-2

The new update is out - only for google play and only for the free version (currently)

What you get is Online Highscore Tables (completely in-house developed) - I was not satisfied with the existing solutions and will NOT add any new permissions and want still be able to make this game playable in the browser or on a PC (future plan xD) - so I made my own highscore service, it is simple but effective and the good thing is, I can integrate it with less effort into my website, so you will find all the scores there in the future.

Please remember, only google play and only free version currently.

Problem is … copy protection … it is a looooad of work to put every version right … I really think about dropping support for every other store except amazon and google - people will kill me for that, but I cannot maintain versions of a paid version which has a revenue of 3$ in 3 months. Unfortunately in some stores you cannot “unpublish” a game - so it will stay there but will not more updated. That’s the current idea. If suddenly 1000s of people are buying the adfree version I may re-think my decision, but it doesn’t seem so :slight_smile:

This is not only a “beta” for Minesweeper: Unlimited! but also a test of the highscore service which can (and will) be implemented in my other existing and future games (hopefully g)

So, have fun, would be kind, if someone gives me feedback about it :slight_smile:

Look here for a detailled tutorial of How to Play Minesweeper: Unlimited!

http://www.reiti.net/minesweeper-unlimited/blog/87/how-to-play-minesweeper-unlimited

(have to make an ingame tutorial…)

…and I have just put up a site, where you can view the latest scores:

http://www.reiti.net/minesweeper-unlimited/highscore

Scores are nice, but useless if you cannot see them in the app and tweet/fb brag :slight_smile:

You can look up the scores in the app :wink: maybe i will add twitter and fb - but I do not want to add extra permissions :wink:

Because now I was able to test the game on a high res phone, I just released a new version which will render much more nicely on such devices. Everyone should be happy with it.

Also the adfree versions are released, they have a nice little extra: With the paid version you can also rotate the screen, in case you do like to play in landscape for example. Unfortunately, the menu is not very good to use in landscape mode (too small) but it is not that bad, so I decided to fix that in another update later on.

Have Fun!