Developers to help

Hello to you all. Im student / developer from EU trying to generate income with application development.

My current applications can be seen here: Play

I have idea… that would like to discuss with you and its about marketing.
Please tell me what do you think about it… and if its even approved on google play.

My monetizing system currently involves only AirPush ads. Due to this system my applications do get kinda to much 1 star reviews.

I was wondering if any of you developers have the same problems and if you are willing to help each other. Help would look something like this:
You publish link to your apps. Other devs give u good reviews.

What do you think about this?

Just remove the airpush ads, they are anoying and people will uninstall your app. There is a fine line on how much an user will allow advertisments. Remember that although you make money with selling ads, you cannot sell ads if you do not have any users.

A 1 star review might be a bit too harse, but users tend to give out very positive or very negative reviews based on just small issues.

Yes. I am aware of that issue. But atm AirPush has $3 per 1000 clicks. I have not seen any better service. Suggestions?

$3 for 1000 clicks?
I think admob offers better or similar rates.

Sorry. $3 for 1000 pushes.
So, are you ok with exchanging some 5 star reviews? :slight_smile:

In the end, I honestly think that marketing on the mobile side of things really isn’t that great of a way to go. Mobile users usually start with a purpose, and once they fulfill that purpose, they’re not interested in hanging out- they usually put their phone back on standby and move on. You can make your ads annoying, and that may get you clicks, but not the kind of clicks advertisers want- users who accidentally click. This drives the value of an Android click down, forcing developers to be more and more annoying with their ads- which in turn annoys users, driving the value of their apps down. I think the best way to go is no ads at all, and having a lite and full version- after all, ads are more of a punishment for users than a real source of income for developers.

Edit: oh, also, what you’re suggesting- trading a good review for a good review- is against the terms of use.

Yes. I agree to one point with you. I would love to sell apps on Play, but due to my country I can not.

Sorry, did not know that is against terms of use.

It’s cheating and you know that :slight_smile:

If your app is cool, you will get good reviews. Better ask writers to write a review about your app. But as a warning, they will crush you because of push ads :slight_smile:

Any app which is good enough, that users will not complain about push ads … well, such an app would not need push ads to get a decent amount of revenue :slight_smile:

Hello, and welcome to the forum :slight_smile: We’re happy to have you here.

I’d recommend unless you have a blockbuster game, avoid using AirPush advertising. It can get too intrusive very easily. In fact, even if you do have a blockbuster game, it’s probably better not to use push advertising. Everyone I know who uses this kind of advertising struggles with 1-star ratings, because users generally hate it.

If you want to post your apps (in the “Promote Your App” section), feel free to do so. You’ll generally get some good feedback from fellow developers who are willing to test your app. If people like it, you’ll get good ratings out of this too.

I don’t see any benefit in trying to game the system, by exchanging ratings. At best, the ratings will be flagged as spam and ignored. At worst, you could get several accounts banned without any gain. Much better to use non-intrusive advertising, make a game that people really love, and interact with a few developers here to get honest reviews.

hi mapiko,

iam sunny,i am from india, i have problem in creating need google android developer account.can you help me in this…