Unity 3D - Free Until April 8th

Unity Technologies have got a pretty awesome deal running at the moment. They’re offering the basic version of their Unity 3D mobile development engine (worth $800) for free, until the 8th of April.

This package includes both iOS and Android versions. I haven’t used Unity before myself, but I’ve seen it mentioned a number of times. It seems to be quite popular among mobile developers, especially those working on cross-platform games.

There’s nothing to lose really - you can always register to download the engine now, even if you never use it you’ve got $800 worth of software sitting there for use whenever you want it :slight_smile:

Free download here: Unity 3D Store

Cool, thanks for posting this! I had no idea they had this promotion on. I haven’t had a chance to give Unity a try yet but I’ve read good things. I assume the iPhone/Android licences are still free after the 8th of April? Can’t help feeling there’s a catch. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t see any catch, except that they’ll get free publicity from it, and hopefully a few developers will sign up for the “Pro” account eventually. If you create a popular app with Unity, it’s highly likely at some stage down the track you’ll want to pay for their team collaboration features.

As far as I can tell, if you register to download the product now, you’ll still be able to do so at any time after the 8th of April. It’s just the “purchase” date has to be before then.