Marketing solutions that worked for you

Hello everyone!

New member here. I love this forum. So much useful information and inspiring posts.

My question is as you can see from the title. I am going to get a larger amount of money in the next months and I’m thinking of making a mobile game development company. Currently I have a job and develop apps in my free time, but that is going very slow and the results are not the best. I think my problem so far has been the lack of marketing. When I release an app, I post on forums, write to review websites(with almost no luck, they all ask for money), google+ communities, facebook, twitter(also not working very well because of low number of likes and follows :frowning: ). Also tried posting the app to multiple app stores(these got a few downloads but nothing spectacular).

What are your steps after launching an app???
How do you make it noticed?
How do you get downloads?
What method worked best for you?

One of my 5 apps got to 30200 downloads just now but in about 6 months which is not very good also. The others … under 500 downloads.

Thanks!

OOPS … Just noticed I posted in the wrong forum. Can someone move this and save my noob bottox? :smiley:

Hi and welcome to the forums,

For an app to have success on Google Play, you need to meet one or more of these:

1. have a big marketing budget;
  2. create a great product;
  3. get lucky;
  4. get featured by Google.

If you have a good enough marketing budget then getting a lot of downloads shouldn’t be a problem; you start buying installs, your app hits the top spots and then gets organic installs.

If you have a great app, that doesn’t mean it will become popular. Sure, having a great product is important but you won’t get anywhere if your app lacks visibility.

You can also get lucky if Google decides to feature your app. That usually happens with good products so if you don’t have one then it’s close to impossible to get featured. Or you can get lucky if a celebrity or someone well known writes an article/ posts on facebook or twitter about your app and then all friends/ followers want to try it out.

So there are plenty of ways to succeed. Problem is these ways are not at everyone’s disposal. :slight_smile:

Hi guys! I bought the mmmkkksss ebook few days ago and you can meet inside some cool methods I never seen before. And I have to say I have 2 years experience in android programing and not bad success with some apps between 100k - 200k downloads.

At first maybe you think its a little bit expensive but worth all it costs and you’ll get nice tips and tricks from him after you buy this ebook. 100% recomended!:smiley:

What book is this?

Mine book;) If you have any questions - my skype is mmmkkksss.mmmkkksss2