English spell check need

Hi Community ),

Finally, I have done my first app and its ready to be published in the market. Before, publish it I have some texts which are in English and as Im not sure about my English, I would like to ask you to see if there is any grammar mistake, or things that you would recommend to change. So, here is the text:

1.To make it more interesting we have added promo code in-app, which will be unlocked after achieving 300 Beats. You have to write down and save that promo code, so in future updates you will unlock special features of this app.
2.Start-button is the most important part of this app. By clicking this button you will see a screen of 5x4 Pads, where by tapping on each Pad you will have different sounds (kicks,snares,hihats and etc)
3.You are also able to change sounds in Pads by doing long-touch on each Pad. After long-touch on the Pad, that you’ve choosed, you will see a menu, where you can choose sounds
4.First 4 rows are only for short sounds(kicks,snares,hihats,etc) and the last row is for brakes and loops which are longer
5.Support-screen is our communication center. You can e-mail to us your ideas, bugs that you have found or just to say hello. We will answer to you as soon as we will read your email. In addition, you can help the future development of this app by ranking us in Google Play Market and earning Beats. Do not hesitate to contact us :).

Those are my 5 senteces which i use in different part of my app, and those are that wondering me.

Thank you for your help

I’m no grammar expert but English is my native language. Below is the changes I would make to your text:

1.To make it more interesting we have added a promo code in-app; which will be unlocked after achieving 300 Beats. You have to write down and save this promo code, in future updates it will allow you to unlock special features of this app.
2.The start-button is the most important part of this app. By clicking this button you will see a screen of 5x4 Pads, where by tapping on each Pad will make different sounds (kicks,snares,hihats and etc).
3.You are also able to change sounds for the Pads by doing a long-touch on each Pad. After you long-touch on the Pad that you’ve choosen, you will see a menu where you can choose sounds.
4.The first 4 rows are only for short sounds (kicks,snares,hihats,etc) and the last row is for brakes and loops; which are longer.
5.The support-screen is our communication center. You can e-mail us your ideas, bugs that you have found or just to say hello. We will answer you as soon as we read your email. In addition, you can help the future development of this app by ranking us in the Google Play Market and earning Beats. Do not hesitate to contact us .

Thank you, XdebugX :slight_smile: I am going to change them.

misspelling: chosen, not choosen

Drop the two semicolons.

mrBruce,

This app is already in market for 2 weeks.)) Damn

No problem, most people don’t notice that stuff.

Hope your app does well. :slight_smile:

Hi, friends. Thanks for your help. So far, my app is doing well, not great but it’s ok, with the BIG Help from XdebugX, now downloads has been increased. I prepared an update with the new feature, and also prepared some text, as a person without a good English I would like you to see the following text and make it right.

How to upload custom sounds?
In this update a new feature has been released. Now, you can upload your own sounds in to this app and set them to the Pads. To do it, you have to create a folder with sub-folders in your sdCard. Step by step I will describe how you have to do it, so you will be able to upload your sounds.

1. Connect your phone to computer
  2. Locate your sdCard using FileExplorer(WindowsExplorer or OS X Finder)-(picture)
  3. Create a folder named EDBM in your sdCard. Pay attention that a folder name must be exactly as EDBM (picture)
  4. Create another two folders inside the EDBM folder, named as instruments and loops. You should have something like this(picture).
  5. Now, you are ready to put your sounds in that folders.
  6. For sounds longer then 5 seconds, you have to put them inside the loops folder. Loops folder is designed to handle longer sounds and loop them, while instruments-folder is for kicks, snares, hihats and etc instrumentals. You may put files longer then 5 seconds in instruments-folder but it will still play the first 5 seconds even when a file longer then 5 seconds(i.e 1 min or longer)
  7. All your files must be as mp3 files. Only mp3 files can be played.
  8. Disconnect your cable and restart the app
  9. After restart of the app you will see your sounds in appropriate places
  10. Assign them to the Pads and enjoy
    If you couldn’t make it work, please send an email to me, I will get back to you as soon as I will read it.

That is the text that I would like to be revised.

Thank you)

Looks pretty good overall. Here is my version with a few edits that I would make:

How to upload custom sounds?
In this update a new feature has been released. Now, you can upload your own sounds into the app and assign them to Pads. To do this, you must create a folder with sub-folders on your SD Card. The following step by step instructions describe how to upload your custom sounds into the app.

1. Connect your phone to the computer.
  2. Locate your SD Card using File Explorer (Windows Explorer or OS X Finder) (picture).
  3. Create a folder named EDBM on your SD Card. Take careful note - the folder name must be “EDBM” exactly as written (picture).
  4. Create another two folders inside the EDBM folder, named “instruments” and “loops”. You should have something like this (picture).
  5. Now, you are ready to put your sounds into the folders.
  6. Sounds longer than 5 seconds should be placed in the loops folder. The loops folder is designed to handle longer sounds and repeat them in a loop, while the instruments folder is for kicks, snares, hi-hats and other short instrumentals. You may put files longer then 5 seconds in the instruments folder but it will only play the first 5 seconds, even when a file longer then 5 seconds (e.g. 1 min or longer).
  7. All your files must be saved as MP3 files. Only MP3 files can be played by this app.
  8. Disconnect your cable and restart the app.
  9. After restarting the app you will see your sounds in the appropriate places.
  10. Assign them to the Pads, and enjoy!
    If you couldn’t make it work, please send an email to me. I will get back to you as soon as I read it.

Thank you very much David.)

small error:
change: You may put files longer then 5 seconds
to: You may put files longer than 5 seconds

change: even when a file longer then 5 seconds
to: even when a file is longer than 5 seconds

2 notes:

1. I’m not sure if all devices’ SDcards appear on computers without the drivers for that device installed first. Maybe someone else can offer wisdom on that.
  2. You can easily create these folders in your code for your users so they don’t have to.

mrBruce,

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

I like your first note, I’m going to change the How-To a little bit and put information that at the first connect of phone to computer it might ask for drivers. I believe everyone who will go to these steps( mean adding its own custom sounds to this app) for sure at least one time connected their phone to upload a simple mp3 music, but just to be on safe side, this is very good point to be included. Thanks

About your second note: android - Folder creates as a file - Stack Overflow <–it created by me
After long research on folder-creating I couldn’t make it work, so if you think you can help me I will be glad. You may have 50 Bounty from me on stackoverflow. )

Hi Daler,

I answered you on stack overflow.