LeadBolt integration doubts

So people use LeadBolt Rich Media Unlockers and well, so do I, but how do you integrate it exactly?

I mean, we have the ad, and we use loadAd() to show it. I also use a listener and try to catch the “onAdCompleted” event from the listener to reward the player with something.

How do you people use it? Do you guys use it without catching the onAdCompleted event from the listener? Do you guys use it solely as a blocking thing?

I read here http://www.blog.trilenagames.com/?p=90 that sometimes the listener does not get called.

How should I go about triggering an event after the ad has completed without relying on the listener?

Thanks!

I’ve only used the Rich Media Unlocker as a blocking ad. Even then I had some trouble with the whole UI locking up while the ad was loading, so I discontinued that particular ad unit.

Now I just frame a standard square banner ad in my own full screen activity, and use that as an (optional) interstitial format. Of course, that doesn’t let me reward the user for completing an activity though.

Understood. Thanks, David.

Unless Leadbolt improves further, I guess I’ll drift go towards Tapjoy.

Android seems to be the in thing these days. Rydeen, a company noted for its automotive navigational systems, released a brand new technology for integrating the Android platform into your car. Many believe the computerization of the automobile has already gone too far, but it looks like there is no preventing it. Rydeen’s new system is accessed through a touch-screen-enabled rear-view mirror. While safety concerns abound, the company says its system might see showrooms as early as 2013. Android integration in your rear-view mirror would be exciting and cool. You might get all the flaunting rights to impress the pretty girl in the passenger seat.