Forum Rules

Here are a few rules designed to help keep this forum a productive & beneficial place for all involved.

[ol]
[li]Be friendly[/li]Treat others as you would like to be treated. This means no trolling, personal attacks, or foul language. Keep it polite.
[li]Post in the relevant forum[/li]Read the forum description before you post. Self-promotional posts are only allowed in the “Promote Your Android App” forum.
[li]Use the search function before posting[/li]Chances are your question has already been answered. Do a quick search before posting, to avoid duplicate threads.
[li]Go nuts with your signature - but…[/li]Please only link to Android-related sites in the signature. Personal blogs are fine, Google Play and SlideME links are fine, but don’t bother posting spam that is completely unrelated to you or the site. Signatures containing spam or inappropriate links will be removed.
[li]Only One Account[/li]Multiple accounts are not allowed. Just one account per person. If you have any issues or concerns about your account, please contact an admin.
[li]Use common sense[/li]We’re a small community here, and generally very willing to help. If you post constructive, polite dialogue you’ll find plenty of people who are happy to engage. On the other hand, if you’re looking for somewhere to go spamming your links, there are other places for that :wink:
[li]Last but not least… Have Fun![/li]Android Development can be lots of fun, especially when you share the experience with fellow devs. Hopefully by engaging with the community here you can all get a bit of enjoyment & motivation to keep up the good work!
[/ol]

If you fail to respect these rules, appropriate action will be taken. This may result in your account being restricted or banned, and posts being removed from the forum.

If you fail to have fun, your account may suffer detrimental effects including gloominess and an overabundance of Tim Burton.

These rules may evolve in the future as the need arises. Keep an eye on this post for future changes.
Feel free to contact me via PM or email if you have any questions or comments regarding anything in this post.

Enjoy your stay!

Some notes about placing links in these forums:

Referral Links
[ul]
[li]You are permitted to post referral links, provided the link adds value to your post, and you do not spam the forums with off-topic or un-necessary links. A general guideline would be no more than one referral link per post.[/li][li]Referral links are also permitted in your signature, following the same rules described above.[/li][li]Any referral links must be clearly labelled as such (e.g. “Sign up for XYZ company (here’s my referral link: __________)”)[/li][li]Creating any thread or post with the primary purpose of promoting your referral link ​is prohibited.[/li][/ul]

Auto-generated Links

[ul]
[li]Certain keywords may automatically be linked to the relevant website by the forum software (for example, Tapjoy or LeadBolt). Some of these links may generate referral revenue for the site administrator.[/li][li]Auto-generated links will normally be clearly labelled, with a title tag which pops up on mouse-over.[/li][/ul]

Here are some notes about what sort of content is acceptable on this site:

General Guidelines

[ul]
[li]Duplicate posts and cross-posting are not allowed. Don’t post the same message on multiple threads.[/li][li]All posts must be relevant to the original topic of the thread. If you want to change topic, start a new thread.[/li][li]Be sure to always respect others’ privacy. Don’t share private information about someone without their permission.[/li][/ul]

Keep It Legal

[ul]
[li]Don’t promote or encourage illegal activities of any kind.[/li][li]Don’t give away or sell stuff without getting permission from the owner.[/li][/ul]

Non-English Languages
[ul]
[li]The normal language used on this website is English. Please keep this in mind, and try to use it whenever possible.[/li][li]If you write a post in any language other than English, you must provide an English translation as well.[/li][/ul]

Signatures

[ul]
[li]All signatures must be a maximum of 6 lines long.[/li][li]If you choose to include an image, the combined height of signature text and image must be a maximum of 10 lines long.[/li][li]You may use different font sizes and colours within reason. However, please note that the length limitations above are based on the normal font size. If you use a larger font, you won’t be able to fit as many lines of text into the same space.[/li][/ul]

Official Company Representatives
[ul]
[li]You should not reply to threads about competitors to promote your own product. This can be done in a new thread.[/li][li]If a post specifically asks for recommendations, feel free to reply and mention your company.[/li][li]You are always welcome to contribute useful information to any discussion, without necessarily promoting your company or products.[/li][/ul]

Reporting Inappropriate Stuff
[ul]
[li]This website is for discussion of development, marketing & monetization strategies. It’s not a place to call out and identify particular people who are breaking legal, moral or ethical boundaries.[/li][li]For this reason, if you see another developer making low quality or “spammy” apps, please do not post about this publicly.[/li][li]There are existing channels for reporting this kind of behaviour - see Google’s Takedown Request Form and the Bad Apps section on Reddit.[/li]Also feel free to follow up with the developer privately (e.g. via PM).
[li]If you feel further action is necessary, please contact a moderator rather than posting about the issue publicly.[/li][li]Talking about a general topic (e.g. “overuse of push notifications”) is fine. People can have a useful discussion about this. However, identifying a particular app or developer is usually not appropriate.[/li][/ul]

Prohibited Content
In order to prevent wide-spread spam, the following topics are not allowed. Please refrain from posting any threads on these topics, and if you have any questions contact us for clarification.
[ul]
[li]Selling of virtual credit cards (CVV).[/li][li]Selling usernames or passwords for other services, or dumps from website hacks.[/li][/ul]

These guidelines are intended to keep the discussion on-topic, friendly and informative for all involved.

Why is there so few likes? This website is by far the most informative android site on the internet. Its the only one deticated to making money rather than just promoting your apps. I wish I thought of this.

I’ll follow all rules of the forums. Thanks a lot of this post…

I’ll follow all rules of the forums. Thanks a lot of this post…

Excellent!

Post a reply to the thread: Forum Rules

Just now I have entered,

I will follow the rules and I am struggling to find a Button from where I can post my own thread here, I am a BHW member and now want to join this community as it is more into my niche of android development and making money out of the apps.

please help me post a new thread into the forum.

Thanks

I understood.

ok… I will remmember that rules.

Thank you admin. i will sure follow all given rules.

Regards

I followed the rules but my post still won’t show up.

Well, I would say what’s the use of rules ? I have seen a bulk of spam over the forum Check over this page: Android Devices I don’t have time to report them individually but @Admin I guess there’s a need of moderation team over your forum because there are number of spammy and promotional post over here. I totally respect the rules shared by you but I guess there’s a need of clean up !

dear administrator~why was my thread successfully posted yet it isn’t shown on the forum? plz kindly check~~thanks a lot :slight_smile:

exactly!! why is that?!!

Guys, this forum is runned by 1 guy -David (from what i know at least) and he probably has his hands full with other projects and can’t keep an eye whats going on here. I think its best to send a direct message if you have a problem with this form HERE .I DO agree that some treads are pure spam and have no place in this forum

I didnt check this forum for a while. From what I can see now, it looks too spammy. Everywhere a lot of themes in non-english language. A lot of spammy post, including even on this thread post #10
I think its time to do some moderations… It has chnged significantly from the time when I was active here, and I count myself from those who was here from the beginning and now it seems like you don’t care about it anymore @david

Thank you for the guidelines!