Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Include a link to a valid privacy policy on your app's Store Listing page and within

So I received email from Google, this is a part of it
    Policy issue: Google Play requires developers to provide a valid privacy policy when the app requests or handles sensitive user or device information. Your app requests sensitive permissions (e.g. camera, microphone, accounts, contacts, or phone) or user data, but does not include a valid privacy policy.

Action required: Include a link to a valid privacy policy on your app's Store Listing page and within your app. You can find more information in our help center.
    So this was discussed before in the forum but I failed to find the original thread. I looked at my permissions and was left confused about which permission triggered this warning.

Those are my permisions:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_ST ATE"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="com.android.vending.BILLING"/>
    I suspect it is com.android.vending.BILLING that triggered the warning, is that true?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes. But in the email they specify which one it is. Go read it again.

3. Likes CantCode liked this post
    Thanks CantCode thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tocqueville View Post
    Yes. But in the email they specify which one it is. Go read it again.
    Thanks, I must be blind as a bat though because I can't find where they specify it

whole email:

Hello Google Play Developer,

Our records show that your app, MyAppName, with package name com.publisher.MyAppName, currently violates our User Data policy regarding Personal and Sensitive Information.

Policy issue: Google Play requires developers to provide a valid privacy policy when the app requests or handles sensitive user or device information. Your app requests sensitive permissions (e.g. camera, microphone, accounts, contacts, or phone) or user data, but does not include a valid privacy policy.

Action required: Include a link to a valid privacy policy on your app's Store Listing page and within your app. You can find more information in our help center.

Alternatively, you may opt-out of this requirement by removing any requests for sensitive permissions or user data.

If you have additional apps in your catalog, please make sure they are compliant with our Prominent Disclosure requirements.

Please resolve this issue by March 15, 2017, or administrative action will be taken to limit the visibility of your app, up to and including removal from the Play Store. Thanks for helping us provide a clear and transparent experience for Google Play users.

Regards,

The Google Play Team

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn. You're absolutely right, sorry. It's not on the emails. It's on the Google console alerts. I got these:

android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO
    android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE
    android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS