Do you / have you worked with a partner on apps?

I always thought it would way more fun making apps if it was a collaborative effort (not employer/employee or clients), but have never found someone who worked out - they either didn’t have the time or skills (or ability to acquire them) to build apps. Has this kind of thing ever worked for someone, or it just a pipe dream?

I know about most aspects of Android development so if anyone out there with skills and time and maybe a little success too would like to partner up, I’m all for it. Willing to work on different types of apps, maybe even games if you have some really good ideas and are the one doing most of the graphical work.

Would be much better in person, you are not in Canada, are you?

I’m in Florida, though I’m not really considering distance much of a problem.

I’m looking for a local developer due to trust, because my main money earning apps are in a very specific niche and I don’t need any competition.

Off topic: I’m jealous of you living in Florida, with warmth, guns, stand your ground, and cheap real estate. Canada is the exact opposite: cold, hard to get guns, lousy self defence laws, and half decent real estate starts at 1million$+.

Good luck!

Hey svenoaks - have you considered hitting one of the conferences/expos like Game Developers Conference? I’m with Adscend Media and we attend this conference / similar conferences. I just wanted to put it out there because there are a lot of opportunities for you to network there and converse with like-minded potential developer partners, face to face!

I agree. Not only that it would be way more fun but having a “soft deadline”, as you’d have dependants (and vice versa), could make your devtime more efficient not to mention collaboration on a daily/bi-weekly basis.
Too bad you’re not in Europe. I would definitely meet up with you. My friend moved to Saskachewan and this is his 2nd winter there. The nagging started about a week ago.

On a side note…
6 months ago an acquaintance of mine told me he’s going to invest his $20k into an app biz and build it from the ground up by using devs from india, pakistan etc. Last I heard was a couple of months ago that he was interviewing on a daily basis. :slight_smile:

What, what is it

Hi there, I am writing to you not for this partnership,but also just share my idea that in case if you need any tech support we can help you.Best of luck.

stop advertising your shit indian service.

I’m a nightmare to work with!