Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a noob here, help me to start learning guys

Hello guys.
    The thing is , i'm doing web development, SEo , SEM , Social media marketing and stuff like that since a few years.
    Developed Plenty of Websites, and completed many projects.
    not that i'm a coder or anything. i been using CMS to develop Websites and stuff.
    now i believe to develop Android apps, you must have to learn java script or something right.
    i want to start learning stuff.
    Can you guys help me start learning ?
    where to start? What exactly to master
    i'm a fast learner, but considering i have no coding knowledge, it will take hell lot of time.
    But i have got some really great ideas about apps.
    n i surely want to develop some games, apps Soon.
    All of the suggestions, tips would be appreciated
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Set yourself a little goal like e.g. a calc. Read about android lifecycle, how you add buttons, how you add ClickListeners for them. Look up all the words you dont know (e.g. waht a View is). Android isn't written in Javaascript, but in Java. Even the syntax is a bit similar, these are totally different things

No one on this planet has the time to teach you, I think every single member of this forum learned it by himself.

Good luck!

3. Likes vancova liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwoo View Post
    Hello guys.
    The thing is , i'm doing web development, SEo , SEM , Social media marketing and stuff like that since a few years.
    Developed Plenty of Websites, and completed many projects.
    not that i'm a coder or anything. i been using CMS to develop Websites and stuff.
    now i believe to develop Android apps, you must have to learn java script or something right.
    i want to start learning stuff.
    Can you guys help me start learning ?
    where to start? What exactly to master
    i'm a fast learner, but considering i have no coding knowledge, it will take hell lot of time.
    But i have got some really great ideas about apps.
    n i surely want to develop some games, apps Soon.
    All of the suggestions, tips would be appreciated
    thanks
    Hi Johnwoo, I'm in the same position as you. I have tried to learn Android native code before but then didn't continue. I've worked with Jquery mobile and Phonegap which I think is an awesome alternative over learning native code, because it's just html, jquery, php etc. You just need to make your app on Jquery mobile then use Phonegap to transfer it Android or iOS. Haven't made my own app yet although I have some ideas.

Hope that helped.
    Reiew and comparisons of the best Android TV boxes and Mini PC's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    You can check my android video tutorials from my signature and also articles on my blog on Android category

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Another thing you can try is Basic4android (Basic for Android) - Rapid Application Development. I know a lot of successful developers have used it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    First you'd have to think about what kinds of apps you're going to make. If snappy performance is not a concern, and they're not very close to the hardware, then I'd suggest leveraging your web dev experience and go with an HTML5 framework like PhoneGap that someone else recommended above. If you want to make games, look into tools like Unity3D which uses its own IDE and presumably easier to learn scripting language.

But if you're set on learning how to program native Android apps from scratch, forget about Android specific books and tutorials, and learn plain old bare bones Java first. Start writing console applications and applets, maybe even an app with a Swing GUI. Once you have mastered Java, you can start delving into Android specific stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by isaganiesteron View Post
    Hi Johnwoo, I'm in the same position as you. I have tried to learn Android native code before but then didn't continue. I've worked with Jquery mobile and Phonegap which I think is an awesome alternative over learning native code, because it's just html, jquery, php etc. You just need to make your app on Jquery mobile then use Phonegap to transfer it Android or iOS. Haven't made my own app yet although I have some ideas.

Hope that helped.
    Keep in mind that by doing that you will be very limited on the type of apps you can produce, learning the native code will give you a lot more freedom

10. Likes isaganiesteron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by isaganiesteron View Post
    I have tried to learn Android native code before but then didn't continue. I've worked with Jquery mobile and Phonegap which I think is an awesome alternative over learning native code, because it's just html, jquery, php etc. You just need to make your app on Jquery mobile then use Phonegap to transfer it Android or iOS. Haven't made my own app yet although I have some ideas. .
    Phonegap is a great way to start learning android if you know html and js. It can help you to stay motivated as you will see results quickly.
    You can start learning native android by creating phonegap plugins that access native code and APIs.
    Eventually you will get familiar enough with android to start developing native apps.

But I have to agree with Steve that phonegap limits the number of apps you can create and also may not provide the best user experience (you will have problems following android design guidelines).
    However there is a lot you can do with phonegap plugins...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'd like to add to what the others said
    Step 1-Learn java from
    -head first java
    -java building blocks

Step 2- head towards collection classes , generics , threading , networking (and intermediate topics like those)

Step 3- Begin android
    Head first android
    Beginning android
    Android for java programmers
    And many many more...

Basically you just keep learning new things day by day hope this helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast