Google manually reviewing new app?

I just uploaded a new app and monitoring this new app stats, I got 1 US traffic while the app is still pending.
Then after a few minutes the app become published.

or may be this is from the review rating submission.

Fyi

yes, I think the bot check the app as a normal user meanwhile is still pending

I don’t think it’s a bot, because it uses the search and searches 4 keywords (titles and names)

According to the following post in Android Developer’s Blog, it looks like they are really performing manual review of apps submitted to Google Play:

android-developers.blogspot.com/2015/03/creating-better-user-experiences-on.html

"
Several months ago, we began reviewing apps before they are published on Google Play to better protect the community and improve the app catalog. This new process involves a team of experts who are responsible for identifying violations of our developer policies earlier in the app lifecycle.
"

Hmm… how true is this? Will that spell the impending doom of those shady apps?
Why wasn’t this approach taken up right where Android Market or later Google Play was born?
Maybe they strive to be different from apple store during those early days?
One big round and they got to admit maybe apple store of vetting really is needed although Android is all about “Open Source” ?

Yes, Google depended on automatic review service to adapt a lot of apps that presented to the world’s biggest app stocks.