Would appreciate input from current G Play Devs on how to proceed:

Hey guys.

My long term goal is to release B2B Apps under an LLC based Google Play Developer account. Currently, with zero experience launching apps into the store, I would prefer to first have 3-4 simple apps outsourced and released with the sole intention of getting familiar with the basics: ASO, efficiently working with a developer, Ad Network integration, etc.

The first app is ready to be uploaded to the store, and is a reskin of purchased source code from a marketplace. I am aware that these initial apps will not make any money but that is not my goal. I have changed all the necessary images and icons, etc but my concern is that since it is quotes by famous persons app, that the main content has not really been altered.

That being said, I have read about tons of issues with developer accounts (and all ties to those) getting banned for life from Google Play. I would hate to make a few mistakes with my initial apps that would jeopardize my future ability to pursue my long term goal mentioned above. I have read through the G Play T & C’s quite a few times and have a pretty good understanding of it. I am mainly concerned based on the fact that the first 2 apps will be reskins.

My main questions are:

1)Am I just being too cautious? Should I create a developer account under my name and get on with launching the first app that I had reskinned?

2)Is there any merit to having what is essentially a throwaway developer account that is registered under someone else’s name and details for the first 3-4 apps?

3)The developer I have outsourced has agreed that he would be fine with creating the Dev account in his name and a matching credit card. I would have access to the account and be able to upload the initial apps to get a feel for how the process works. Thoughts on that?

How did you guys proceed when first starting out?

You will get a variety of opinions but these are mine

1. No, you are quiet correct in being cautious. It is true that a lot of people get their accounts banned for life and you have done the right thing in researching the Google Play Ts and C’s but it is probably time for you to launch.

2. There are a few developers that go this route and probably depends on what you intend on developing but if you intend on doing the right thing then I wouldnt worry about it and would encourage you to keep to the rules.

3. Depends on how much he is charging, if it is only the $25 fee then yeah if not just start your own.

How did you guys proceed when first starting out? - I just jumped straight in and am learning more on the fly although when i say jumped straight in i check and double check most things.

The first app is ready to be uploaded to the store, and is a reskin of purchased source code from a marketplace. I am aware that these initial apps will not make any money - Not true, plenty of reskins make money

Chaulky thanks for the advice, I am launching as we speak!

Well, over here I seemed to be sharing the same opinion that Chaulky is having over here ! I well the middleware he has spotted over here’s something I must I need to agree with him !