Newbie trying to learn to intergrate ad networks into android template.

I recently purchased a generic template to use as a base for my apps. I am using eclipse to edit and compile.

I am looking to learn how to add leadbolt to my template and am having trouble on integrating the ad code into the main_activity file. I added the proper lib files and have the correct permissions in the android manifest. However when I look at the sample code on leadbolts help page. I am not sure how to use that sample code and merge it with the main activity code. It seems the sample code and my main activity code have common areas such as public void and private void sections. I tried just pasting the sample leadbolt code at the end and it causes tons of errors. I know there must be an easy way to implement this so that I have my splash page then an interstitial ad then on exit the audio ad. The app already has admob banners, but I would like to switch those out as well.

I would appreciate any help on this as I am truly lose. So far I have managed to make the audio ad work but that is all.

Thanks

cashman22, thank you for letting us know your issue. Have you emailed support? The Leadbolt team can help you through it, please send an email to support at leadbolt dot com so that we have your direct contact info and we will respond with help quickly.

I talked to my aff manager and I think he might not know the coding side. If there is an email for a tech guy that would be awesome. I would like to send my main_activity file to see how to add the proper code.

I recently purchased a generic template to use as a base for my apps.

Be careful with repetitive content.

Its a universal app template that allows you to tailor the content of the app via many avenues such as YT,twitter,any rss feed,wordpress sites that you own as well as other ways. But who knows what the great GODS of Goggle will do in the future. It just depends I guess, of the mood of the BOTS on any given day. :slight_smile:

Well, talked to leadbolt support and that lead nowhere. :frowning:

Whats funny is I sent a copy of the sample code and in the sections that you have to change it to your app ids. “YOUR_LB_AUDIO_ID” “APPFIREWORKS_API_KEY” and “YOUR_LB_INTERSTITIAL_ID”

They replied back you need to add your app ids. Ha I know that part, I just sent the generic code and asked them how to integrate it into my main_activity java ( I even sent that code).

Oh well. it is what it is. :slight_smile:

Well, do you have to use leadbolt? I do find some ad networks hard to integrate myself. Try startapp or adbuddiz. Very easy to do

I don’t have to use them so yeah I will look into the ones you mentioned. I do like the audio ads they have though. :slight_smile: