App posting guidelines

Hi there I want to ask what are the guidelines for posting an app in the Google Play Store?

For example I see many apps on the google store like this : Retrica Effects, Retrica Camera 360, Retrica Cymera 360 etc. also Install Whatsapp on tablet etc.

Can I also for example make a viewer or my own camera and name it something like Cool Retrica Camera? I am asking because I see these apps using famous app names and getting hundred thousands of downloads and not being removed from the app store?

Can anyone give me tip what words not to use and what words I can use to avoid getting apps suspended!

Thank you

Those apps may not be suspended yet.

They have like 100,000 one has like 1 million its called Retrica Selfie Viewer … been there for months making thousands so I guess i can make my own ones because it looks like its not against the guidelines.

Well, I was talking in general, not only for that specific word. There is another case in this forum about “WITH FRIENDS” (Zynga) and it’s making problems. So I guess it depends on the “owner” of the main application.

Anyway I believe that sucks when the original name is being copied, but not when it’s just some random word in the title of X app.

well you’re definitely welcome to make whatever apps you like but do your research first, 23 apps using retricas name are available on the market and 79 have been removed so you as in any other venture proceed at your own risk

Search | App Annie App Store Data

Well I guess I am allowed to make a photo viewer for Retrica Right ?

AM I allowed to use the name Retrica ? for example Amazing 3D For Retrica Photos ?

unfortunately, no one can really be certain that it is ok, even if you got permission from Retrica, Google could arbitrarily remove your app at any time

Well how come Retrica Viewer, Search Retrica Photos, Retrica Selfie Viewer and many more been on the app store for months and making thousands? Why are they still there does that mean Google’s algorithm sucks?

Also can I use something like How to Install WhatsApp and in the app give instructions is that in violation. I don’t think guides and tutorials are in a violation.

No I think it has more to do with people that complain about an app, the most popular Retrica Viewer app by Butterfly Apps is very reasonable with their ad placement, one banner at the bottom and that’s it so users don’t probably complain to Google because it’s not spammy

You may be asking the same later… why I got banned and not them? why me?

Questions that will never have an answer. You may try to use their name for some time, get some downloads, and if your app is good, you will keep some users and from there start to build your own name.

I’m not responsible if your app gets suspended.

I always placed one banner and the bottom and occasional Interstitial. The other thing is why is that question hard to answer ernestofindz? Tell me they are in violation too if that is the case if you are not allowed to use Retrica. What is Retrica Viewer different than lets say Amazing 3D for Retrica Photos? Why are they not banned but I get banned ? Is this just a game of chance?

@Apps gave you a good link to check.

Search | App Annie App Store Data

They may reach 10 million downloads and suddenly get banned. It’s like that.

(try to reply with quote so people will get a notification)