New Googleplay update (August 1)

Hi everyone,
I’m pretty new to developing but I saw the new update on Admob’s portal about downloading the new libraries on Eclipse.
I was wondering, is there anything else I need to do to my app besides downloading and installing the new updates on eclipse?

I’m currently using Airpush and Admob, and I’m happy that Airpush is compliant (I got their email). The only thing I am worried about is my apps on Googleplay, and if I need to change anything when I update my apps.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Mdesigns

I’ve received an email too but didn’t do anything in my developer center. Is there anything to do with existing apps?

Once Airpush was paying very high. How is it going now? I left it last year since reading very bad reviews from users when I was looking for great ad companies to monetize my Android Apps.

You only need to update SDKs :slight_smile:

i compile using cocoon JS, how shall i update the SDKs please?

Awesome, that’s an easy fix! :slight_smile:

I’ve been using it for over a year now and It’s going great. I’m using a newer sdk called Bundle 1. It pays higher eCPMs that my admob account and pays for my users who accept their agreement.

I use to use Revmob but they had even lower eCPMs than Admob.

@MDesigns What is the lowest and highest rate does Bundle 1 pays?

Hey, sorry for my slow response! I’ve been working on a new app :slight_smile:

The answer to your question is a multiple step answer.

Bundle 1 pays you a few ways, they pay you for banners, smartwall, and for every time a user of yours accepts the agreement. I find that this SDK pays you much more than the standard SDK cause the standard sdk doesn’t pay you for users who say Yes. My rates fluctuate, but here are some screenshots of them. If you asked for an average I’d say

Smartwall is average $1.2
Banner $.25
AO1 installs $11 . I’m not sure why this fluctuates so much but I have a feeling it has something to do about what geo the user comes from.

Here are my rates Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 2.23.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-11 at 2.22.51 PM.png

My Smartwall image is too big to go through. Send me a direct message if you are interested in seeing my rates.

Also keep in mind that the new Google Play libraries will increase your APK with approximately 1MB extra.

Do you have to include Google Play Services SDK if you you didn’t have it before?