I receive a cease and desist letter in one of my app, what will I do?

Hello guys, today I receive a cease and desist letter in my email in one of my application from a known company that is somewhat connected in my app title and character. What will I do? Do i need to unpublish my app in playstore asap or reply first in their email. Pls. need help about this. Thanks

Yes immediately send apologies for inconvenience and tell them u will confirm once you have fixed. Removing them from your app will save you one suspension via DMCA.

thanks mate for the reply, I replied to their email, actually my app is connected to their company and using teir mascot as a character, but I have a disclaimer in my app’s description that it is only a fan based game and unofficial, but still I got their letter. So far this app’s got 200K downloads and I am really sad what happened and I don’t have a choice but to take it down :frowning:

…come on …

I’ve recently stolen a police car and once the police stopped me, I’ve showed them a piece of paper (disclaimer) where I state, that this is unofficially my car and I am doing just fanbased police work. So far I was able to drive 200 km/h all the time and get donuts for free, now I am really sad that they disallow me to further usage of their police car.

As far as I was happy to not got to jail directly for the next 100 years, you should be happy, that they sent you a mail instead of sending a DMCA, getting your whole account banned and even sue you for compensation.

Ask yourself: Do you get the 200k downloads because of trademark abuse? Yes or No. If no … why did you use it at all?

I also had to pull down my “Flappy Coca Cola” game, where you control a flappy coca cola can … man, it was going so well.

!!! ironic !!!

@reiti.net you made my day, post of the month for sure :smiley:

So true :slight_smile:

I like that answer.

don’t use Mickey Mouse kids…I read somewhere that Disney has 40(!) lawyers only looking for copyright infringements for Disney Characters