My Google Publisher Sad Story - Account Banned Again

Hi,

I am an android publisher - working tirelessly for the past 1.5 year on android apps. I have observed that Google has taken quite an interest in me as it has suspended 3 of my accounts which I had created using my and my friends credit card. I wonder what could be the reason behind it. Here is my sad little story -

SUSPENSION 1:- I created few wallpapers apps with latest movies pics in it - Those apps and then eventually the account was suspeneded due to content Violation - Totally Accepatable as the mistake was mine.

SUSPENSION 2:- I created a quiz app on few games and movies with entire content hand crafted and design done by myself. For months I worked on these apps writing content and designing the UI. Those apps and then eventually the account was suspended due to content Violation - No Idea which content policy I violated as I created all the quiz myself from scratch.

SUSPENSION 3:- I created few Game Info app and along with few celebrities wallpapers - All was going good until y’day - I uploaded a new app and after few hours - All the apps and account was suspened again - No Idea which content policy I violated !!

MY QUESTION:-

1. Has anybody else also observed similar kind of blatant dictatorship from Google or is it Just me?
  2. What should be my course of action going forward - I can arrange one more credit card but not sure how to keep my IP away from Google Eyes.
  3. In case I create a new account - How should I work on it so that it doesn’t get traced back to the earlier 3 accounts in any way.
  4. What is the best way to avoid this stupid “Content Policy Violation” thing?

Kindly help!!

Suspension 3 seems clear - did you have copyright for those wallpapers? If not, this is the reason.

My advice: don’t do apps that relay on copyrighted materials - not even mention any celebrities in description, don’t use game names anywhere or use any images from the web unless you bought them. And read the policy and try to follow it to the letter. Google has a harsh way of dealing with those who break their policy - life ban without much warning as you see.

Thanks for the reply Magnesus. I understand what you’re saying but you can see literally 1000’s of wallpapers apps in Play that are based on Games/Celebrities/Movies wallpapers. I wonder why I am always the victim for such violation. Some of those apps have millions of downloads. And how would Google know whether those wallpapers are purchased or not? They don’t ask for any such information before suspending the apps!! They simply suspend the app and then send a auto email. Any suggestion on this pls??

I have developer accounts in stock each of them created with unique ip pc and credit card

Muratsayin - Can you pls elaborate how to work with your dev accounts? What settings do I need at my end, since my system was used already for 1-2 accounts, to work with your dev accounts? Thanks.

Some are probably just lucky no one reported. Check how long are those apps available, some might be just reuploaded on new account every time they get banned or it might depend on games/movies/celebrities - probably the smaller and less popular the less chance of a ban.

And how would Google know whether those wallpapers are purchased or not? They don’t ask for any such information before suspending the apps!! They simply suspend the app and then send a auto email. Any suggestion on this pls??

Someone probably filed DCMA or reported you.

And be vary of buying accounts on this forum, there were some situations where people lost money.

It really is disgusting how Google treats developers. They should give a spacific reason at the very least instead of the generic email which explains nothing. They should know how much hard work can go into an app and for them to ban the whole account without a real reason and no communication just makes me sad.

I totally agree. There should be a real valid reason for this. I got a generic email which usually is sent to everyone saying something like “Content Policy Violation on this account or account linked with this account”.
I even sent mail to Google to give me valid reason so that I should atleast know where it went wrong but they said that they can’t provide any details on this!! Stumped me!!

Not only google even apple won’t give you a valid reason of ban … this is very common if 2 companies rule the apps world.

No wonder why that flappy bird developer removed game from the store. He knew he would get ****ed if he stays online any longer, since he copied so much copyrighted materials, so its better to take what you have, then lose everything. Nobody would leave that amount of cash per day like that.

If you’re suspended once, any future accounts you open will also be suspended, even if they don’t have any “bad apps” in them.

i have google devleoper accounts with new and clean IP…
…I’m also looking for long-term customers.
Please contact me:
[email protected]

He released 1 app and that worked … not even in his dreams he would image its success.

Efited lol