7-Day Notification of Google Play Developer Term Violation

Has anyone received this warning?

REASON FOR WARNING: Violation of the spam provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to the spam policy help article for more information.

Your title and/or description attempts to impersonate or leverage another popular app without permission. Please remove all such references. Do not use irrelevant, misleading, or excessive keywords in apps descriptions, titles, or metadata.

I have changed the app name and description, but they are very unspecific… also I have replied back to the email, do you think they will answer me ? Or just ban my app all of the sudden.

Also, the worst thing - app was in some top 100/500 in some local markets, now - its INSTANTLY gone! Aka google play filter, which hides your app from audience. Very sad.

If you have any experience how to handle this, please share. App is actually a game, a good game, not a stupid copy, but the app name was too similar to others :confused:

Best regards,
Didl

They are penalizing heavily on keywords or spam words these days and doing so relentlessly it seems.
Just make sure all words in your app names and descriptions are totally justified.

I got this warning recently:

7-Day Notification of Google Play Developer Term Violation

REASON FOR WARNING: Violation of the spam provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to the spam policy help article for more information.

Your title and/or description attempts to impersonate or leverage another popular product without permission. Please remove all such references. Do not use irrelevant, misleading, or excessive keywords in apps descriptions, titles, or metadata.

Your application will be removed if you do not make modifications to your application’s description to bring it into compliance within 7 days of the issuance of this notification. If you have additional applications in your catalog, please also review them for compliance. Note that any remaining applications found to be in violation will be removed from the Google Play Store.

The app is a cheat for 4 Pics 1 Word Game, I guessed it’s the problem with keyword 4 Pics 1 Word so I modified my Title/Description to limit the amount of ‘4 Pics 1 Word’ used in the description. However, after a few day the new Title/Description is not updated on the Store. Will my app be removed? It has been 4 days since the warning of Google already. Is there anything that I can do? Thank you guys in advance.

edit your title and description. Choice another way of description. If you dont edit, your app will get banned

Thanks. But the problem is, I have edited the title and description, and few day later the title and description at the Play Store still stays the same :frowning:

You should email to google for get help. Sometime, their system delay

When you change your title, should you also change the title in the apk that would also change the one that appears in the link (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xxxxx.xxxxxxxx) ?

You can’t change the package name. (you would need to upload new app)

I have received the same warning email about title/description. I edited it but after 5 days Play don’t update and then i unpublished it because the is only 1 download/day.
But from that day (about 10 days ago) Play still display it, don’t know why.