Appnext March promotion - new cool ad type

Hi developers,

I’m happy to let you know we have another promotion for March, this time with a new type of ad we launched last month, which is producing great eCPMs.
The new ad unit which some of you may have already tried is ClickTag.

ClickTag is a simple link you use that send the user straight to Google Play.
How this works: You create a text/image like “free app of the day”, “free app”, “special offer”, etc, anywhere in your app. When the user clicks on it, he goes straight to Google Play, instead of seeing the interstitial. See example:
http://blog.appnext.com/2014/02/20/clicktag-shortening-the-cycle-increasing-your-revenues/

Download the integration guide here.

As you can see, the user is sent to a different Google Play page each time.
Implementation of this ad is easier than any other type of ad, as it doesn’t require an SDK implementation.

Any developer who gets 100,000 impressions of the ClickTag during March will get a $100 bonus.
Any developer who gets 300,000 impressions of the ClickTag during March will get a $300 bonus.
Any developer can participate in this promotion. Old, new….everyone. ClickTag is also available for iOS apps.

We also decided to continue with our bonus for new developers joining us – any new developer who reaches his first 100,000 impressions within the month of March, will receive $100 bonus.

Reply, PM, email or Skype me if you need more details.
Hope you all have a financially successful March!

The URL doesn’t work and I can’t find any documentation on ClickTag on the site.
How can I implement this new unit?

You are right. The link will work only from a mobile browser. I updated my post with a link to our blog to see how it looks like. Also an integration guide is available (in the post).
Any questions - just ping me.

great promotion.
people looking to integrate it with a button/imagebutton, use the following code in onclickListener:

Intent gift= new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW,
					Uri.parse("https://admin.appnext.com/ClickUrl.html?id=<placementid>"));
startActivity(gift);

I can use whatever plecamentId from my app (no matter button or intersitial)?

You can, but as we want to track your impressions from this ad specifically (for the bonus) - please create a new placement for it (doesn’t matter if it’s interstitial or banner).

100,000 impressions = 100,000 clicks, yes?

Hmm… The solution looks really simple. But it may be a good way. But 1 question: 1 impression = 1 click? Till now impression was the same as serving the ad. In this case impression is one “click”. Right?

And if 1 impression = 1 click - what eCPM is for 1000 clicks? In your blog post is that for 1000 clicks is eCPM = $3 (http://blog.appnext.com/2014/02/20/clicktag-shortening-the-cycle-increasing-your-revenues/ ). It is truth?

Why do you mess Impressions with Clicks? 1000 Impressions can generate just a few clicks, the eCPM is for Impressions and not for clicks. Also I’m pretty sure the bonus is for Impressions of the button/text you’re gonna implement in your app, otherwise it doesn’t make sense getting 100k of clicks or 100k of Google Play page impressions.

And in their blog post it clearly states “Developers who have already tried Clicktag reach about $3 eCPM on average” . This amount can’t be guaranteed by any ad network, you just need to try and see.

By the way Appnext, thanks for the last month bonus($2000) for reaching 20,000 installs. Great company with great potential.

p.s. no, I have not been paid to write this :smiley:

Please see implementation of ClickTag presented by @javaexp - it is no possibility to measure my button impression by appnext in this solution. On dashboard I saw that impression = click and blog post contains eCPM information. So, I don’t think that I mess anything. In blog post should be information about CPC but is CPM. I don’t write anything about guaranteed eCMP in my previous post.

2 Short questions:

1. 1 click = 1 impression?
  2. eCPC?

Hi and sorry for the late reply.

1. Yes! 1 Click= 1 impression.
    The “get free apps” button is not the ad impression, as in most cases clicking on it would open the interstitial (to show a specific offer), where the impression is registered. We decided to skip this part. So yes, the eCPM is caculated in a normal way, and you will see in your dahsboard that the number of impressions are equal to the number of clicks (100% CTR).
    As for the eCPM - I’ve seen it go much higher than $3, but as we just launched it, I don’t wnat to set the expectations too high. Overall, it easily beats the option of clicking on a button, showing the interstitial where the user has to click again… too many steps to reach the install.

I hope this answers your questions. Tell me if anythnig’s unclear.

Hi Vadim, I guess you were wrong in the first part, which actually proves that no one paid you to write it :smiley:

And it’s a pleasure working with you.

Oh, in this case achieving this bonus is harder than last month’s bonus))

Last month I got 263,678 Clicks from 1,794,612 Impressions. However, it’s not easy to make a user to click on a Free Game image, maybe just fooling them and masking the button just to get a click)) And also when they will see Play Store opening then they might easily hit the Back button and stop the click from being tracked))

And sorry that I didn’t understood it correctly. Interesting bonus, might try the new thing :slight_smile:

so $3 for 1000 clicks on a button is not worth it, button will most likely get 100,000 impressions to get them 1000 clicks, so in reality ecpm rate is more like 3 cents which is comparable to senddroid

This is why I have my appwall come up at launch or on exit of app.

You can look at it this way. What I’m saying is, if you compare it to a regular “Free Apps” button, which opens up the promotion and only then refers the user to Google Play - our ClickTag is doing much better. Which is why it’s definitely worth a try.

At the end of the day, we are trying to create a broad set of tools for developers to use and increase revenues. This tool, which is basically an API, seems to be doing a very good job so far.

will test and post my results. This interesting ad unit looks average now. waiting for appnext banner ads rollout.

Sure. Just so anyone can understand - this doesn’t have to be a part of the button… you can use this Click Tag as a simple pop up (without the user actually clicking on it. Intrusive but works), As a last minute offer just as the user is leaving your app (“before you leave, try a new app!”), etc. Many ways to use this tool. Attaching it to a button is just one option. Which is probably the most common. But not the only one.

Received today the remaining payment for February. What can I say, I’m more than pleased with the results. Besides the great eCPM I get, there also was a generous bonus of $2000 for reaching 20k installs.

February stats:
Impressions - 1,794,612
CTR - 14.69%
CR(Conversion Rate) - 9.86%
eCPM - $3.5

Currently this is my 3rd month with them and if the results will remain the same for a longer period then hats-off, Appnext, you(and DiCaprio) deserve the Oscar :smiley:

And to be honest(and greedy) I’m not writing this so more people would join Appnext(less developers=higher eCPM, imho :smiley: ), they just really deserve this praise :slight_smile: