App got banned with Airpush and Startapp

One of my app got banned yesterday and the reason was “Ad policy”. i was using the Airpush interstitial ads, StartApp interstitial ads, StartApp searchbox

Still not sure the reason that it got banned. do u guys have same experience?

Does the email say which section of the ad policy? I think I know which network is responsible

which mobile ad network is responsible?

More details would be nice before calling them out but Airpush has a new interstitial that looks exactly like a system warning. I told Nick about it a few days ago and he said they removed it, but then yesterday I saw the same ad plus 2 others using the same style. Here’s a screenshot of what I’m talking about, which clearly violates the ads context and deceptive behavior sections of the policy
1393309131772.jpg

Might be startapp,m not sure. But I notice startapp exit ads sometime still appear even the app exit already.

Yea, I also had some apps banned. They was with AP and startapp. They suspended them because of system iterefere or whatever… I think airpush had some “nasty” ads…

Can u double check the specific violation? If it was system interference then it might be startapp’s fault for delaying the exit ad. If it was ad context, deceptive behavior, or impersonation then it was airpush because those are the 3 sections that mention not imitating system warnings

oh man, another bad news again, why google why !!!, im not sure why your app got suspended, maybe it is due to startapp searchbox (i always thought something like searchbox slider still interfer with system), i didnt use them, but if airpush overlay ads had something just like what mike said, that might be the culprit

as for startapp exit, i never use them, im not brave enough to call ads when using back key or home key, i try to always call ad using in app button, either it is exit button or other, just some speculation.

Yes, it was the second one: ad context, deceptive behavior, or impersonation. Few apps suspended… It’s AP fault…

That’s really bad news. I haven’t seen the new ad units myself but this sounds serious . time to delete airpsuh SDK and i really didn’t feel like doing anything apps-related today:(

Where you were shown every ad?

In Airpush you have activated the “dialog ad” and “loading page”?

AAAAAARGH!
i REALLY hate stupid news like this!
it’s really ANNOYING to fix and reupload 30++ of my apps JUST to remove one problematic ad network!

why is the Ad network always said they are compliant but they don’t really sure about it themself?!

if my 3rd GooglDev account got banned, then i will buy my LAST 4th dev account.
it’s really not worth my time to do this bussiness anymore.

no i was very careful.

• i have disabled those dialog ads from the airpush dashboard.
  • also i never show ads on exit because some ads shows up after app closed.

but still the app got suspended :frowning:

don’t worry dude even i have plenty of accounts. app suspension is a usual thing to me but this time i got banned due to ad policy and it’s very strange. just buy new account, resking and reupload :smiley:

yes, that is true, the ads in airpush are that slow, that sometimes they show after the app closed.
Happy that I removed airpush from all aps of mine (except one) 2 days ago )

where do you buy the new account? any recomendation for cheap and reliable account for sale?

yeah it’s usual thing for me too, but it’s still sooo annoying because i have to start from scratch again for my user to notice me…
it’s my 3rd dev account. haven’t got banned now, but already got 2 warning and 2 suspended apps. so it’s just a matter of time -_-

anyway, reupload the apps takes time too right?
rename package, etc
or you have some kind of tool/shortcut?

We have gone through our ad inventory, and we have not had that ad after having it and the advertiser banned. It’s probably from the other networks on your app.
@androiddev if you can PM me your apps info (account email address, app id, manifest, url) I can double check with the support team.

Airpush Nick