Airpush fails again

So I was expecting a payment today from Airpush, but have yet to receive it.

So I contacted Airpush about when I would receive it, and they are telling me on Oct. 31st.

However, according to their developers agreement on section 7c it clearly states that payments will be issued within 30 days of the applicable month.

I contacted my lawyer regarding this, and he stated that they are clearly violating their agreement, and he is set to file the paper work if necessary.

There is nothing stopping Airpush from up holding their agreement on this!

Airpush has yet another bad mark on their records.

they are telling me on Oct. 31st. (…) However, according to their developers agreement on section 7c it clearly states that payments will be issued within 30 days of the applicable month.

so it is about 1 day? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So you are having your attorney draft something because they are 1 day late on payment? Ad networks sometimes have issues with delayed payments but I dont think 1 day is anything to file a lawsuit over LOL… at least they are offering their developers weekly payments. I had more issues with payment from Leadbolt than any other network I’ve Been with.

LoL - I have 3 days delay and what? Nothing, I got wire transfer data from airpush and all is correct. Maybe this is a problem with hurricane in the USA? Money left airpush account and it’s between airpush, intermediary and my account. Read about swift, how it’s work. For example airpush and my bank intermediary is in New York.

Yeah may be something to do with Hurricane…after all a huge percent of the east coast is without electricity right now.

I didn’t even know people still used monthly payments at Airpush…I’m on their weekly payments program and they are never late. Perhaps your payments don’t make the minimum threshold ? If that’s true, you probably already blew what’s left of the earnings on lawyer fees :->

$37 000 ? :slight_smile: i am on weekly too

Let’s NOT make this an epeen competition, please :slight_smile:

one day… contacting lawyer… sometimes this is a very poor world

dlaroche,

I spoke with our support team and the payment issues are now resolved, you should be expecting payment shortly. I apologize for the minor delay in payment, please fee free to PM if you have any additional questions, I am here to help

Thanks

1 day? you should be the most annoying publisher in the world.