Airpush vs StartApp

I have been wandering for the forums for some days. I see a lot of people recommend StartApp, and more recently AppNext. Anyways. We have used Airpush for 6+ months and we were very happy with them. But the recent decrease in CPM (and thus revenue) that started 2 of this month is still noticeable. There is already a thread in this subforums. It seems Revmob was affected aswell.

So, should we switch to StartApp? Was it affected too? Does someone have used both and which of them do you recommend the most?

This far we like Airpush because it gave us much better revenue than Admob, the payments are always on time. And support is very good.

We also read about having them both in the same app, is that even feasible? Do you recommend to have 2 (or more) Ad networks in the same app. How do you usually handle that? on ad failed to receive from one, show the other one?

Too many questions I know :stuck_out_tongue: here’s a heart: <3 Thank you.

you can add multiple adnetworks but do not show every ad network ad all the time. one way of doing this by pausing some of ad networks. currently my apps only serving admob and admob is giving me $3to$4 ecpm.

Well, Admob gave us very bad results. Airpush was 4x of Admob for us.

Do you know what rates has Startapp exactly? They are writing such things as: UP TO 12$ for 1000 downloads, but UP TO != ALWAYS. Unfortunately for me, Airpush’s SDK is very hard to implement good. Your implementantion shows always the EULA? Caching ads working?

and btw, can we only use EULA of airpush without serving their ads? Will we still get the ppd revenue? Some networks require both

because I don’t see “installs info” on the dashboard, only on the reports. but on the documentation there is a screen, where they show installs

Hi Jill,

I hope you will have a chance to use appnext, and contact me in private for more details, but as for your question - I would say that most of the developers here are integrated with more than 1 network. It’s just the right thing to do. Networks’ performance can change very fast, and you need to be ready. So you should definitely try another network as well. for example, a network that has a ‘send to email’ function in the ad, high eCPM’s and pays net 10 :wink:

Jokes aside - you should integrate another network. Don’t be dependent on one alone. It’s just too risky.

Unfortunately I dont know anything about StartApp besides a lot of people recommending it. Our Airpush implementation shows always the EULA and caching is working nice. By the way, we use both the Standard SDK and Bundle SDK. Let me explain:

The Bundle SDK requires like 6 more permissions, that makes our app to lose support for more than 500 devices… So we use the Standard (which shows no EULA and thus no PPD) and the Bundle with a higher VersionNumber at the same time.

Unfortunately I don’t know that. You can ask support, but they probably won’t like something like that :stuck_out_tongue:

Could you upload your example project or send me it on the PM? I can’t do the integration to get everything working… And what we should to do to get the PPD? Do we have to show at least 1 ad or sth?

You are right, and I will use AppNext for sure, as people talk very nice about you aswell.

We don’t have an example project. We work directly on each app. And we just follow the Documentation Instructions. What are the specific errors you are getting? And I don’t know about the second question unfortunately.

I`m not getting any errors:( just the EULA one time is showing and one time not… and cached ads are just not showing… i did everything like in documentation. Nothing bad in logcat…

Thats weird, did you implemented the ad listeners? I use them to log if the ad is not getting received and such. But you are probably getting a better reply from support.

Startapp has very very low ecpm several days . My apps generating more impression but less revenue

I integrated to one of my app (Airpush PPD and banner). Lets see the users reactions ) I will let you know

Same thing with Airpush.

with airpush seems like one more problem, I see less “Add-on”. Do they play with numbers or most of my users do not “accept” EULA?
Anyway, tomorrow evening I will write here how many downloads I had in real, how many Airpush shows accepted, ecmp and revenue from this ppd

People recommend StartApp because they get a bonus if they invite you. When I first joined this forum and admob earning started to go down for everyone, I decided to try out another ad network. A lot of people here recommend StartApp and I thought the recommendations were genuine so i decided to use StartApp. It was terrible. I went from making $1200per week on admob to $60 per week on StartApp. Their ecpm sucks big time and their dashboard is slow and lacks detail. The sdk is also very basic. Anyway I switched back to admob now

[QUOTE=Jill Kelly;42144]I have been wandering for the forums for some days. I see a lot of people recommend StartApp, and more recently AppNext. Anyways. We have used Airpush for 6+ months and we were very happy with them. But the recent decrease in CPM (and thus revenue) that started 2 of this month is still noticeable. There is already a thread in this subforums. It seems Revmob was affected aswell.

So, should we switch to StartApp? Was it affected too? Does someone have used both and which of them do you recommend the most?

This far we like Airpush because it gave us much better revenue than Admob, the payments are always on time. And support is very good.

We also read about having them both in the same app, is that even feasible? Do you recommend to have 2 (or more) Ad networks in the same app. How do you usually handle that? on ad failed to receive from one, show the other one?

Too many questions I know :stuck_out_tongue: here’s a heart:

Really don’t understand your gripes with StartApp. Yes they have a referral program, but they are actually genuinely good and well rounded (and very well established). What’s more, they aren’t shady at all which cannot be said for some other networks…
Everyone will have different CPMs with different networks due to location, user traits, type of app/game etc etc.
What detail does their dashboard lack? I’ve found it to be one of the best I’ve ever used, with Admob and AppBrain’s probably being the best.

Their SDK is also very dynamic. They have a bunch of different interstitial types and have run an array of other units that sparked the PPD model off so well.

Hi,My name is Anemone Tang from www.Eomobo.com, a ad network company located in china.
Our ad network for apps are no.1 in domestic, and hope to do this business overseas as well.
The reason I’m reaching out to you is we have a lot of demand from our advertisers to
advertise on your android apps. Here’s why developers are partnering with us:

1. We can help you monetize mobile apps.
  2. We count revenue according to new installs.
  3. The revenue reaches 30 dollar per 1000 new installs.
    Please let me know if you are interested and I can assist you in setting up your account.
    kindly contact me at skype:sinonsh11.
    e-mail:[email protected].