Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

AppWall Comparison -- Airpush / AppBrain / Leadbolt / Tapjoy

I have been using AppBrain's appwall for a while and have recently switched to Airpush SmartWall product, and here is my comparison of the products. I have also tried Leadbolt and Tapjoy's appwall products extensively but they are not at all competitive with Airpush and AppBrain so i have left them out:

1) Airpush SmartWall CPM = $7 - $8
    AppBrain AppWall CPM = ~$3

(I think this is because AppBrain's product only includes AppWall, whereas Airpush's includes other full-page formats combined into 1)

2) Airpush Fill Rate = 89%
    AppBrain Fill Rate = 95% (sometimes higher)

3) Airpush Support = so-so
    AppBrain Support = *AWESOME*

4) Airpush Payments = weekly with no fees (WOW)
    AppBrain Payments = shortly after month end (Still pretty good compared to other networks, but obviously airpush payments are the best)

--
    Overall, the Airpush product is greatly superior so far HOWEVER I notice an interesting trend where during the Asian timezone the AppBrain wall performs a bit better. To try and capitalize on this, I am currently trying to write a home-made mediation SDK which will switch between Airpush and AppBrain SDK's in real-time depending on rules I set -- I think that will increase the yields tremendously. PM me if you'd like to try it when I'm done !

Would love to hear the experiences others are having.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

RE: AppWall Comparison -- Airpush / AppBrain / Leadbolt / Tapjoy

Do you have a live app that uses the Airpush app wall? Would you mind posting a link or PMing it so I can check it out?

Thanks for the comparison.

I've been using the Leadbolt app wall. I've heard good things about it in the forum, though I don't have enough stats for me to make any conclusions about it. My problem with it is that it loads pretty slowly, so I'm concerned that users just give up on viewing the app wall after a few seconds. I'm using their SDK app wall because it has the close button. Would be nice if there was a way to pre-load the app wall, because I've found that the 2nd time I attempt to load it [via controller.loadAd()], it loads much faster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I have always had pretty stellar CPM with Airpush compared to Leadbolt and Admob. But since release of SDK 5.0 I have noticed significantly higher CPM especially in the app wall. I am hovering around $7-8 as well for app wall. I also love their weekly payment options. So far I am pretty satisfied with Airpush and will stick with them until their performance declines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have few questions about airpush wall.

1) What ctr and cr you have?

CTR - Click through rate; CR - Conversion ratio, peoples that do some action

2) How often you show a wall? Do they ask user like AppBrain to show wall or they just show it?

3) Do they offer some banner option like AppBrain so user can go on wall anytime?

4) Do they change offers often on the wall? I saw with others that they change content of wall very rare (for my country at least).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

@ work now will answer more of your q's tonight but, ThatGuy aside from comparing my overall CPM and Revenue I cannot compare other metrics like CTR / CR because Airpush SmartWall works differently than the others -- the whole point of it is it's not JUST an appwall, it has multiple full-page subformats which show to the user based on certain conditions. For example, if the user's network connection is low it will not show an AppWall because it can be slow -- rather it will show a 'Dialog Ad' in that case which seem to perform AWESOME. So in other words, AppWall is just 1 portion of Airpush's SmartWall product.

I think this extra layer of intelligence is what gives it the higher earnings, but I'm not exactly sure. Interestingly my Airpush Smartwall earnings are 4x higher than what my AppBrain earnings were -- but comparing on a CPM basis SmartWall is only around 2.3x higher so I thought it was more fair to compare based on CPM.

My Airpush account manager also told me they are doing a minor SDK release soon for SmartWall which will include Video Ads. So, if the user's connection is very strong and there is a high-yielding Video Ad available, they will show that to the user. This excites me because I have tried both AdColony and MobFox for video ads, and the payouts are SO HIGH but the fill rates are SO LOW. So with Airpush SmartWall I think it will be an ideal situation where the SDK will only show Video Ads when its profitable to do so.

Quick side note too, did anyone else get a big bump in push earnings from the new Airpush SDK ? I think it is from their new 'Banner Push' ads but I can't tell because Airpush doesn't break out Banner Push vs. Normal Push. If anyone from Airpush is listening, that would be a nice feature for us devs !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eagerly waiting the answers on other questions and I would like to know more about "banner push" ads, what type of ad it is? Where they serve it? Do they serve it in app or outside of app?

I can not comment CPM because still not have info about when (how often) you show a wall and do they serve a banner that leads to wall like AppBrain but like I said eagerly waiting other answers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

hi ThatGuy;
    - banner push ads are the same as push notification ads except they show an IMAGE rather than TEXT. I cannot be sure if this is the reason because Airpush doesn't seperate the stats between text push / banner push, but since I installed their new SDK 5.0 my push earnings have been up tremendously so I assume it's from this.

- re Airpush SmartWall CPM vs. AppBrain CPM, as I stated I'm earning 4x higher earnings from Airpush SmartWall compared to when I had AppBrain, but only 2.3x higher CPM. In Airpush version there is no included banner that leads to a wall, however they recommend that you implement a menu item called 'Other Apps' or an icon inside the app in case users want to invoke the Wall mid-session. Even though AppBrain has the banner solution, the earnings still don't compare to Airpush SmartWall because it offers much more than just AppWall.

--

I would love to hear your comparison of Airpush SmartWall vs. AppBrain, can you try it in one of your apps and let me know ? I'm curious if you get the same results as me. Honestly the results are almost too good to be true, I've tried all the full-page ad formats and Airpush SmartWall generates far more revenue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

promotional weeks maybe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

it could be promotional, but i'm loving it! yesterday was $13.75 cpm and today is $13.25 !!!! can anyone else please share their Airpush SmartWall results and let me know if you're seeing similar ?? these #'s are insane !

another theory i have is, SmartWall performance could be similar to Push Ads where the CTR for a given app starts high and then comes down slowly over time as the users get used to the performance ?? i have tried all the Push Ads networks and I always experience this -- at first i thought they were taking my money, but then i realized it was just my users getting used to the ads eventually and clicking the ads less !

i will keep you the forum updated if my cpm's start going down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thats nice.

And I think its little different..

more users u have, less CTR u make.. and so on..

This is how i started with push ads..

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast