Sudden Significant Drop of Admob Impression in a Few Days

Does anyone experience the same in the last few days? Admob impression down by 40% in just two days (in 7-8 February 2018) for most of my apps and the impression daily rate keep on going low until today. Is it a glitch or something in google network perhaps?

I notice too that the download rate of those apps went down by more than 50% in 7-8 February 2018. It seems weird for me to have a very significant drop of download rate and admob impression in just a short amount of time, and not just 1 app but most of my apps :frowning:

Google changes things on the back-end of Google Play, often with no notice or reasoning given. That’s most likely what’s happened, I’m afraid.

I do not have any changes in a week

It is possible that these metrics are related. Lower download rate can translate to a lower DAU and therefore, lower impressions. But not necessarily. How is fill rate doing?

My overall admob impressions do not have any change. Going as usual.

Same thing happened to me. On the same days and around the same amount of loss. No clue as to why, nothing like this has happened before.

This happened to me too. Just getting one of my game downloads on growing path and then it dropped under 10 downloads per day. What I discovered is that some keyword search results count are decreased to 50 and not 250 like it was earlier. This is with web browser, don’t know does it effect search on phone. Maybe this is the reason?

me too huge drop in revenue and impression

Same here, things are VERY bad!

Same thing, have been suffering from downloads drop starting 8 Frebruary. From AdMob 100$+ a day to 40$ and falling. Apps had stable top rating and downloads for 2+ years.

• Impressions are not increased or decreased.
  • RPM is reduced drastically
  • New downloads reduced by 30%
  • Bad reviews increased without any update in the app.

Interesting. Also, uninstall rate went crazy - I have more uninstalls than installs in one day.

Same here. Unistall is more than installs in fews of my apps.

Seems to be some issue with Google Play, I had shitty downloads stats through 14-15 Feb (there were multiple hours with 0 or just few downloads reported) , starting from yesterday they’ve scrapped all that data and generated new one (downloads stats are still delayed a bit). I’ve said “generated” because neither originally reported and new (corrected) stats do not match stats from analytics. My guess is they’ve rolled new backend version (because dev console e-mail notifications finally works).

And these apps are losing their top positions? I was ranking in 60 contries on 50-100 positions, now only 12 countries and 200+ positions.

The fill rate is good actually, around 90%. Still I find it pretty weird to have such a significant decrease in such a short period of time. I have asked google play developer support and he said that it is probably related to the change in google play search algorithm and top/featured apps. Well I don’t find that comforting as that means that it is not a glitch and my apps can suddenly fall more than 40% in terms of daily impression and download rate in a few days in the future with I cannot do anything about it. I cannot argue that reason though :frowning:

Most probably this is the reason based on google play developer support feedback. Too bad though, as the drop is so sudden and so significant

I do not think that everything is so bad, or is it?

what is the problem with admob ?
the clicks are the same but impression drop and the revenue still decreasing

Maybe, the reason is the beginning of the year? I have 0.60$ eCPM comparing to December’s 1.1$. But it is rising, in January I had 0.48$.