Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Is this forum dead now?

Is this forum no longer a forum talking on latest android happenings, revenues, ads, fill rates and all??

Either all of you started getting huge ads revenue and no longer give a shit to read and write the posts OR all of you are suddenly lost interest in the topics OR found some other forum. What is true from the above?

2. Likes qaz1243qaz, code4life, A1ka1inE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcc View Post
    Is this forum no longer a forum talking on latest android happenings, revenues, ads, fill rates and all??

Either all of you started getting huge ads revenue and no longer give a shit to read and write the posts OR all of you are suddenly lost interest in the topics OR found some other forum. What is true from the above?
    All I see on "What's new" section every day is just spam posts. There is almost no human writing here anymore. I really want to find another similar good forum but till now I haven't succeeded and I'm stuck with this shit .

4. Likes qaz1243qaz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Nothing to write about, mobile apps market in overall is start to decline, too much failed apps, so started to look into other area.

6. Likes qaz1243qaz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just to add on, new apps are very difficult to success now, so there won't be much new users in this forum.

Some old forumers that I know had been banned from play store because running some ads code flagged as virus.

I am willing to talk more about mobile apps market if you interested, since you are one of the old forumer here too.

8. Likes qaz1243qaz, A1ka1inE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shuiwo View Post
    Nothing to write about, mobile apps market in overall is start to decline, too much failed apps, so started to look into other area.
    Hi, as mentioned mobile apps market is starting to decline.
    Anyone of you still earning a decent revenue daily from android apps/games?
    How many percent decline in revenue as compared to the past?
    Personally, my revenue dropped about 20% as compared to 2017.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolApp View Post
    Hi, as mentioned mobile apps market is starting to decline.
    Anyone of you still earning a decent revenue daily from android apps/games?
    How many percent decline in revenue as compared to the past?
    Personally, my revenue dropped about 20% as compared to 2017.
    Not sure about what is decent revenue, it was a subjective question. But 20% drop is normal, not because it was January/February, it was simply people doesn't use much apps now, Apple / Google stock is declining a lot in the past few days due to weaker than expected revenue.

11. Likes qaz1243qaz, yvonne_sus liked this post
    gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Its good to see responses from old forumers like you.
    Thanks @ardi and @shuiwo.

Well i agree that apps business is not that easy these days. Lots of fake and similar apps are pumped everyday. Demand and supply ratio is not the same as it was 2 years ago.
    But users are still using the apps and greater options are available for them on the store.
    They are more selective nowadays. Want high quality apps with less intrusive ads.

So bottomline is apps business is pretty much alive and worth, but competition is more and user really wants to opt for low ads apps and high quality apps.

Since more apps are available, so obviously ads revenue is also distributed among the apps, hence less ads revenue these days.

Still many developers like me are alive with good apps revenue and updating the apps with latest trends.

I was making 300+ USD per day 1-2 years ago.
    But now i am making 200 average daily with same number of apps. Using Admob and FAN networks.
    Banner/Interstitials/Native ad formats i am using.

What about you guys?

13. Likes qaz1243qaz, code4life liked this post
    Thanks vivek9 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Well, I can confirm what @gcc is saying but with a little difference: I think that the google algorithms are now responsible for the high-quality apps going up and not the people being more selective (maybe this last factor incides 20% - 30% but not more than that I think). For me every year was better than the precedent. Recently i released an app that was immediately liked (67% retention after first day and high rate) from which I earned about 22K$ in three months. At dicember I surpassed 1k$/day as average revenue (with a maximum of 1370$/ day) but given the sesonal behaviour of my 15 apps, now I'm expecting to reach at middle febrary the minimum revenue of the year that is about 130$/day (yes, 1/10 of december) . For me the android market is growing and I must say that I'm really satisfied.

15. Likes qaz1243qaz, A1ka1inE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think it depends on the countries you are targeting, I do agree some countries still can growth much, like those emerging countries, but not in advanced countries like United States:

US consumer download 0 app per month - https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/25/ma...says-comscore/

You get more downloads in the expense of others getting less downloads - https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/12/th...h-may-be-over/

Even China is not growing in terms of phone sales - https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/25/ch...onger-growing/

Edit: This is my personal opinion - The overall revenue is growing slow, but number of apps is growing exponentially, so we got more supply than demand in many countries. And you can get more revenue, but it wasn't the apps market growing, it is you taking cut from other developer's downloads.
    Last edited by shuiwo; 2018-02-07 at 01:38 AM.

17. Likes qaz1243qaz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @ardi Your retention rate is very inspiring to me. Can you tell how many overall downloads you got when you earned 22K$ in 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by ardi View Post
    Well, I can confirm what @gcc is saying but with a little difference: I think that the google algorithms are now responsible for the high-quality apps going up and not the people being more selective (maybe this last factor incides 20% - 30% but not more than that I think). For me every year was better than the precedent. Recently i released an app that was immediately liked (67% retention after first day and high rate) from which I earned about 22K$ in three months. At dicember I surpassed 1k$/day as average revenue (with a maximum of 1370$/ day) but given the sesonal behaviour of my 15 apps, now I'm expecting to reach at middle febrary the minimum revenue of the year that is about 130$/day (yes, 1/10 of december) . For me the android market is growing and I must say that I'm really satisfied.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast