Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardi View Post
    @tacchan23
    shit 1/4 is really low. Well, the native express wasn't much better. If I may ask, what is the difference in CTR (take just 1 of your apps as example)
    FAN CTR 3%
    AdMob CTR 1.5%
    In general FAN ads are targeted a lot better than AdMob ads... sadly FAN is so strict lately with high CTR placements and their support is shit (Google is a saint in comparison)

gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    @ardi
    I got you now. Well no need to take any permission from your account manager.
    You are eligible to use Admobe Native Advanced ads if it appears for you in your Admob account under "Create New ad unit".
    Its that simple.

Let me know if you have any doubt about Admob native ads. I am using them for more than one month now.

I got ads stop serving notice from admob for native ads 2 times in 1 month.
    Though i have corrected and updated the app in the store and ads resumed again.

1st notice was: "AD" text must be shown on the ads.
    2nd notice was: No truncation in the Title upto 25 characters. Body text truncation is 90 characters. Though body text is optional.

@tacchan23
    Completely agree with you that eCPM of admob natives is low compare to admob banners also. I did not check FAN native ads eCPM yet. I believe you that its better than admob.

If thats the case, why do't you use FAN native ads then? I am also planning to give a try for FAN natives. But i am working into some other feature right now.

Any idea why eCPM of admob native ads will increase when it will be opened for all?

I get maximum CTR of 0.75% in admob.
    3% is in litlle higher side. FAN stops the ads with CTR of 3% even if ad is correctly placed??
    Last edited by gcc; 2018-02-13 at 05:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    @gcc Yeah, the problem is that I don't have that button on my dashboard . I think I should just wait for the official release. And no, FAN doesn't stop the ads even for CTR of 8-10% - I have an app with such high CTR from more than a year. I never cheat or put the ads near buttons so they have had no objections till now for this app.

@tacchan23
    There is no doubt that the machine learning algorithms used by FAN are far more accurate in finding your specific interest given the fact that they know us better. Many time I click my self on the facebook ads because it really seems like they are reading my mind. My CTR for 1 of my apps in which I have FAN native, Admob native express, Admob banner 300x250 - on the same placement (admob as backfill) are: 5% FAN, 2.54% Admob Native, 2.29% Banner 300x250. I just realized that banner and native ads for Admob have almost the same CTR while the ecpm for native express is 0.85$ and for banner 0.65$. On the other hand FAN native have 1.2$ ecpm. This is one of my apps where the ecpm of FAN and Admob are at least comparable. In other cases the difference is by 2x or more.
    Last edited by ardi; 2018-02-12 at 09:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=ardi;221316] @gcc Yeah, the problem is that I don't have that button on my dashboard . I think I should just wait for the official release. And no, FAN doesn't stop the ads even for CTR of 8-10% - I have an app with such high CTR from more than a year. I never cheat or put the ads near buttons so they have had no objections till now for this app.

Actually, I think that the reason of @gcc has that Admob Native Advanced button is because he has implemented Native Express before. This is the same case of mine. If you have not used Native Express before, you will need to ask your account manager to get that approved for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treble12 View Post

Actually, I think that the reason of gcc has that Admob Native Advanced button is because he has implemented Native Express before. This is the same case of mine. If you have not used Native Express before, you will need to ask your account manager to get that approved for you.
    Nope, I've used native express from April 2017 and still using them in all my apps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    @gcc I am using MoPub mediation for Native Ads (FAN/Avocarrot/AdMob/Flurry). I only had problems with Interstitial Ads about CTR (or Accidental Clicks as they call it), not with Native Ads.
    @ardi Yes, in general for the same placement the CTR of FAN is quite higher than any other Network in my mediation waterfall.

gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    I have attended an even organised by Admob recently. Event name was "Admob app connect". They have invited around 40-50 developers in Google office.
    Real people who block our apps and our ad units in Admob were present there personally . So it was good to ask the basic doubts.
    Admob team of about 7-8 people of different departments took the session for whole day in the projector room.
    They covered following topics.

- Basic coverage for new developers
    - Store listing experiments
    - Native advanced ads implementation in the code
    - Rules for Interstitial on App enter/exit
    - Asked developers if they want to show their apps to all sitting in the room. 5-6 developers showed on the projectors and others commented on those apps.
    - Many other things which faded away from my memory now.
    - Free Breakfast/Lunch/Snacks on time. Smoking too on time. but outside the room.

Main points i collected:-
    - Native Advanced ads will be open to all shortly. when? then did not told clearly.
    - Any CTR is ok as long as there are no artificial clicks. But still there are checks on certain CTR Situations. they compare the CTR of specific ad unit country wise and human might intervene in them.
    - Native ads need not to have Body text. its optional. Body text eats lots of quality space as it must not be truncated till 90 characters if you include it. So cut the body text and make your INSTALL/VISIT SITE button bigger for better CTR. This suits in placements where you have lesser overall size for your native ads.
    - Use and always use mediation. Any mediation whichever suits and follow the store rules.
    - They promoted the native ads implementation all the time.
    - Distributed ADWORD Couple codes worth $47. Coupons were based on correct answers of basic questions on Native ads.
    Since i had implemented them already and was aware of the rules so i answered maximum questions and got $47 * 8 = $376 coupons .
    That way they promoted the native ads implementation and suggested the correct placements in all type of apps and games.
    [NOTE] But coupon can only be used when you invest the same amount. Mean $47 coupon can only be used when you also add $47 from your pocket totaling $94. In that way i can use all of my coupons of $376 when i add more $376 in them. But still i will use them.

Main thing i liked is to interact the developers and talk on many things. Need not to reveal the apps and identity.
    Last edited by gcc; 2018-02-13 at 06:02 AM.

8. Likes Anteos, vivek9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcc View Post
    I have attended an even organised by Admob recently. Event name was "Admob app connect". They have invited around 40-50 developers in Google office.
    This was in Gurgaon right. I though I should go but then I said f*** it and focus on my apps.

Great to read so many devs coming together here. This thread itself is the new MMWA forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Nice to hear, At what criteria they invited you ? @gcc
    Quote Originally Posted by gcc View Post
    Real people who block our apps and our ad units in Admob were present there personally . So it was good to ask the basic doubts.
    Admob team of about 7-8 people of different departments took the session for whole day in the projector room.
    They covered following topics.

- Basic coverage for new developers
    - Store listing experiments
    - Native advanced ads implementation in the code
    - Rules for Interstitial on App enter/exit
    - Asked developers if they want to show their apps to all sitting in the room. 5-6 developers showed on the projectors and others commented on those apps.
    - Many other things which faded away from my memory now.
    - Free Breakfast/Lunch/Snacks on time. Smoking too on time. but outside the room.

Main points i collected:-
    - Native Advanced ads will be open to all shortly. when? then did not told clearly.
    - Any CTR is ok as long as there are no artificial clicks. But still there are checks on certain CTR Situations. they compare the CTR of specific ad unit country wise and human might intervene in them.
    - Native ads need not to have Body text. its optional. Body text eats lots of quality space as it must not be truncated till 90 characters if you include it. So cut the body text and make your INSTALL/VISIT SITE button bigger for better CTR. This suits in placements where you have lesser overall size for your native ads.
    - Use and always use mediation. Any mediation whichever suits and follow the store rules.
    - They promoted the native ads implementation all the time.
    - Distributed ADWORD Couple codes worth $47. Coupons were based on correct answers of basic questions on Native ads.
    Since i had implemented them already and was aware of the rules so i answered maximum questions and got $47 * 8 = $376 coupons .
    That way they promoted the native ads implementation and suggested the correct placements in all type of apps and games.
    [NOTE] But coupon can only be used when you invest the same amount. Mean $47 coupon can only be used when you also add $47 from your pocket totaling $94. In that way i can use all of my coupons of $376 when i add more $376 in them. But still i will use them.

Main thing i liked is to interact the developers and talk on many things. Need not to reveal the apps and identity.

gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    @vivek9,
    I have no idea about the criteria.

May be they call the developers based on the event loaction and your address.

So make sure you that google has your correct details or cantact your account manager.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast