Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcc View Post
    @Androidbeats, Sorry for asking this.
    How much percentage of IOS apps are contributing in your total earnings these days.

Once again congratulations man ����. You are making decent money and You are real motivation.

Happy making more money. ������������������
    About 900 - 1300$ daily but my savings were mostly from Android.
    Their Store, Their rules.

gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Wow, i am drinking coffee and need to grab pop corn. Enjoying this thread more than any blockbuster.

$1000 per day 😲😲😱
    $9000 per day
    It will definitely change my dreams tonight. I am feeling all shocked. My TV is paused and i am still having the coffee.

3. Likes _developer_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    @Androidbeats
    Don't worry about running away form the subject, no one gives a shit anymore here and anyway there is nothing more interesting and inspiring than reading your story. Every piece of advice is very much welcomed. I think going to IOS will be my next step thanks to your advice but at the same time I have other ideas that I want to implement.
    @gcc
    That 9k/day really blows my mind too...The only fact that this is possible to achieve makes me angry about my past choices. I could have done better by avoiding some mistakes...

gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    As i told earlier that i have left the job and now i work 100% for myself.
    Considering this fact, i work around 10 hours daily including sundays too.
    Though i take random offs whenever required.
    But i burn my mid night oil only for android and i have set a big list of around 10 points for this whole year.
    That includes my IOS starting too 😐🤔

Working on ASO these days. Do't know how much it will help me to get more downloads. Since it was my very first point of this year, so i am almost close to bind it off and will proceed to convert few of my eclipse projects to AS. That will be real pain in the ass since few lib compatibility issue is there.

I too realizing many mistakes now. But that is how it is. Setting my target of $500 per day on an average for this year.

@ardi, did you say that it was $1000 per day for you in december and now its reduced to $130 per day?
    If thats true, then i must say its really very big variation and certainly not 20% reduction as you said it earlier in your post.
    Or may be you are talking about some of yours specific apps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    @gcc
    Nope, I didn't mention 20% drop, someone else did. The earnings of this year for me are 3x the earnings of the precedent year so I have a big grow. This month to month variation for me is completely normal and expected because of the seasonal type of apps i make. I start to slowly grow from July and reach the 1k at December. After that the cycle starts over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shuiwo View Post
    Nothing to write about, mobile apps market in overall is start to decline, too much failed apps, so started to look into other area.
    Not necessarily true, unless the apps you are making are: music players, calculators, tic tac toe, ram boosters, file manager....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markdev View Post
    Not necessarily true, unless the apps you are making are: music players, calculators, tic tac toe, ram boosters, file manager....
    If you don't consider the apps you mentioned is part of the overall app market. We could have file manager in 2011 getting millions downloads in months, but not possible by now. Backed in that time, it was quite common that people downloads a lot of file managers, but now will only stick with one or two.

If you want to talk about niche app, you may have some success, getting good downloads, but that doesn't mean mobile app market is still growing fast. A few competitors doing the same apps with yours could steal your downloads within months. What I want to said is that the supplies grow much faster than demands, so it was decline in my opinion.

Anyway, I had find out another area that grows exponentially like mobile in 2011, so I would give it a try. Also, I actually had increased revenue last year actually, with some success of new apps, but this doesn't change my opinion that mobile revenue is shrinking overall.

Edit: Also don't be so happy with sudden spike in revenue, like grow from $100 >> $1000 daily within a month, and think it was sustainable forever. It depends on the app type, but most people that I know especially who make game, couldn't get back into $1000 again with the same app once the revenue dropped. The reason is people had been clear or bore with the game. While for other app type, once the competitors coming, you will notice some drop gradually, unless your app is the way better than competitor's.

9. Thanks treble12 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shuiwo View Post
    Edit: Also don't be so happy with sudden spike in revenue, like grow from $100 >> $1000 daily within a month, and think it was sustainable forever. It depends on the app type, but most people that I know especially who make game, couldn't get back into $1000 again with the same app once the revenue dropped. The reason is people had been clear or bore with the game. While for other app type, once the competitors coming, you will notice some drop gradually, unless your app is the way better than competitor's.
    Yes I understand what you are saying and I would never do that thinking mistake. My situation is different because as I said, I have seasonal apps and I've been through this cycle for some years now - growing from year to year. The year before for example I reached a maximum of 400$/day, that is 1/3 of this year maximum). So your point makes sense in general but not in my case.
    Regarding the area that is growing exponentially, I think I know what you are talking about and I'll very soon lauch some apps in that field too .

11. Likes designers.coders liked this post
    Thanks treble12 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hi there, great discussion guys.
    @Androidbeats: you are really inspiring, congrats!

I think I am the same type of the guy who left his "normal" job and started developing apps/games. I started around 2012 and it was really good time. I have never been featured, but I was able to earn enough money to buy flats I like to say that app/games markets were created by "it guys" for "it guys" I got my highest revenue somewhere in 2016. From that time my revenue is going down. Mainly because of the ad network changes and changes in the market. And.. it is also my fault, because I became too lazy to create new apps/games :P Yep..

Here is what happened.. 2 years ago my apps were in top lists for specific keywords. It generated lots of downloads. But.. at some day new apps arrived and my apps went down in the rankings. It caused my revenue dropped to 30% of what I was earning in 2016. It was a slow process but it happened and I couldn't do much with it :/ Additionally, google started advertising apps in search lists. This also caused that apps went down in the rankings -> much less downloads. Also people started to experiment more with ASO and it also caused drops in downloads/revenue. Popularity of Unity 3D also changed the market :P

The thing is that it is really hard to create app/game now and make money for the next 3-5 years. If you are lucky and you are featured then maybe you earn quite a lot. But if your downloads don't come from organic traffic you will earn close to 0 after beeing featured. Because of that it is extremely hard to plan the future. It is very risky to assume that your next app/game will succeed.

Previously, I was doing updates very quickly. Now, you have to be more carefull and add more content in each update. This is good for the users, but spending more time on updates doesn't mean more money At least in my case.

13. Likes markdev liked this post
    gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    @shuiwo
    Totally agree with you what you said.
    Only survival game is left with android these days. Does not matter that what new idea is being used in the apps or game, next day your competitor will come up with same feature, same app, same ASO and sometime with look like logo too.
    Unfortunately Google does not interfare much in such cases. But it eats your downloads and divide your revenue eventually.

I am more confused these days thinking of that Either working on new apps is good idea OR updating existing app with new feature is good?

Whatever is the case, Android app store Market is growing every year and more money is being given to the developers every year, but number of developers and apps are growing even with faster pace. This is the root cause that revenue is divided for all and smaller cake is getting received per head.

But i want say is that:
    2011 Year:
    Total money made say 'M' after working 'H' hours. Other overall efforts are 'E'

2018 Year:
    Total money made is 'M/2' after working 'H' hours. Other overall efforts are 'E'

It can be changed to '2M' or even to '4M' after spending 'H Few more hours' and Overall effort to '2E' to '4E'

Its still the better option compare to other areas. But no place for copy-cats/reskinning/wallpapers/screen-savers. Users are fed up and need more meaning full apps. If thats found out, then i think 2011 can be achived again.

@shuiwo, by the way whats new area you are looking into these days.

@tomi, welcome back.
    How many apps and earnings from them you have?

@ardi, have you also noticed low CPMs starting from this year compare to last years? I am talking about Admob data for USA geo.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast