Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    @Androidbeats
    Yes, you are right about 2011. Unfortunately I didn't know android programming at the time so I come a bit late. Anyway there are still spaces to explore on the market. With regard to your retiremet, I don't think I'll ever do it, even if I make 1 million $/day because I really love the process of creating. Relaxing & creating is the best combination to eliminate boredom from your life.
    With regard to big players, you don't need to win them. Is enough to get 1/100 000 of what they get to have a dreamlike life (if google earns 2k$/second from ads then you would need 2k/100k = 0.02$/second which is about 1700$/day .
    If I may, can I know how much you have earned before retiring for a party life? I bet it is 1 mil . I also bet you are making 10k - 20k a month now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I did not completely retire but just doing other stuff not technology related.
    To answer your question:
    I have about 18 mil in savings and currently making an average of 9k a day.
    Their Store, Their rules.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidbeats View Post
    I did not completely retire but just doing other stuff not technology related.
    To answer your question:
    I have about 18 mil in savings and currently making an average of 9k a day.
    are you doing games or just kind of general apps? Good job.

I've been doing apps for several years now, and yes it is harder but at the same time, people are spending more time than ever in apps, there are only 2.3B-ish smart phone users, in the next 10 years that will double and that means more installs, yes it will get more competitive but still worth it compared to many other industries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    @Androidbeats
    unbeliveable . Man 18 mil with android games is too much. You did this all alone? WTF! Whats your previous profession if may I ask?
    I read on your previous comments that you were claiming to make 15-30$ a day on IOS with a 1 month app so I could never imagine 9k$/day with 18 mil savings now. This is ridiculous

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Couple of both.
    I just went against the trend.
    Back in 2014 when everyone was trying to create the next Flappy bird, I concentrated on apps mainly.
    After a while I started making games and so on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardi View Post
    @Androidbeats
    unbeliveable . Man 18 mil with android games is too much. You did this all alone? WTF! Whats your previous profession if may I ask?
    I read on your previous comments that you were claiming to make 15-30$ a day on IOS with a 1 month app so I could never imagine 9k$/day with 18 mil savings now. This is ridiculous
    That was two years ago I believe..
    I was exploring the IOS store.
    If you are making a living from apps you should not ignore IOS.

My previous profession is a software developer until a friend of mine introduced me to Android back in 2011.
    I kept my job and doing apps as a hobby until 2014 when I quit my job and did this full time.
    Last edited by Androidbeats; 2018-02-09 at 06:01 PM.

gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Hi,
    @Androidbeats, Good to hear you again here.

Well 5% decline is still very good and i think that might be your prime reason to keep you away from active android development.

I can assume that 2011 must be those golden years when CPCs were pretty high and it very easy to get downloads. Since i started development from 2013 and i can compare 2013 with 2018. Its big challange to even maintain the revenue these days.

Those 2014 were the days when i was making 350+ per day with 4 apps and now hardly i am making 200 per day with 14 apps.

How about your ads revenue and number of apps?

I too noticed that searching something with specific keyword in play store, search results indexes to specific app. I assume that app must have higher ranking for that particular keyword.

Would you like to share some tips or anything relevant to android?
    Then write it here buddy.
    Its dearth of relevant topics here in the forum these days.

Forum is filled with automated spams and shit these days.

Lets spread the motivation again as it was during 2013 - 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidbeats View Post
    I took a pause from the market a long time ago.
    My revenue did decline a bit about 5% from previous year but I guess it is normal due to no updates or whatsoever.

I might come back but I just love the relaxing life and being out door.
    Thanks to Android I became financially independent and I could never work a day in my life again if I wish.

My advice would to you is to learn the rules and break them.
    Do this short term.
    I don't think the era of 2011 will ever come back to Android, the small none established developers like us will never win against the big players.

I have noticed at the play store that some search terms and indexed to a specific app.
    That shows how Google is manipulative like it always been, and I think it will keep going downhill for all of us.

" You will never be rich or financially independent as long as you are working for someone else."

Good luck everyone!

8. Likes designers.coders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    @Androidbeats
    What an inspiration! The maximum that I saw here for a single person was a guy who claimed to make 4500$/day with a construction game.I thought it was almost impossible to earn alone more than that. That's a new record (1/20k of Google's revenue ). When I reached 1k$/day on december I was boiling inside - can't imagine how you feel now, even though after a while everything seems normal and you just want to surpass your limit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    @ardi I think you misunderstood what I meant with big players.
    You can't just compete with Google while you are working for them.

With a basic search of most used mobile apps for 2017, you will get the top players:
    Facebook, Google Maps, Instagram, Bitmoji, Twitter, Reddit..etc
    Those are the big players.

Most mobile users are already trapped inside this apps so it became harder to get their attention.

I mean since I started in this business my question was always trying to satisfy my own needs first.
    My first ever app playing around with my buddy at work was a Youtube mp3 converter.
    You simply browse youtube and we added a mp3 button under each video, you tap the mp3 button and there you have the audio saved to your phone.

We did it back then because we always wanted to save some music from youtube but we did not want to visit youtube-mp3.org and paste url and back than there was not much about mobile friendly design etc..
    I think I am running away from the subject of this thread.

if anyone has any questions I will be happy to answer.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Androidbeats; 2018-02-09 at 06:21 PM.

11. Thanks designers.coders thanked for this post
    gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    @Androidbeats, Sorry for asking this.
    How much percentage of IOS apps are contributing in your total earnings these days.

Once again congratulations man 🎷🎷. You are making decent money and You are real motivation.

Happy making more money. 💡🕯📡💡🕯🔦🔭🎺🎺

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast