Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 91
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vivek9 View Post
    @ardi Your retention rate is very inspiring to me. Can you tell how many overall downloads you got when you earned 22K$ in 3 months.
    Yes, before this app I couldn't believe that 67% was possible to achieve... that was a big surprise for me. The total number of downloads from 1st November is almost 500k. The number of impressions about 3.5 mil and the ecpm about 6.2$. Geo: Russia 15% , Ukraine 8%, USA 6.5%, Germany 6.4%, Poland 5.2% ... From USA i got an astonishing 23.21$ ecpm! translated to almost 7k$ just from them. I couldn't believe that this skyrocket ecpm was possible in these days. Germany 11$ ecpm and Russia 5$. I think that these great numbers are related to the fact that people like the app very much and this cause them to feel more confident to click on the ads and procede further. I have other similiar apps (with 50% retention on first day) that dont get even a third of that ecpm and others that barely get 1/5 of that ecpm from the same countries... I actually use just native FAN + native Admob as backfill. 90% of the income comes from FAN. FAN have became really strict about their policy ultimately and if they see some ad units close to buttons or if there are some accidental clicks from some kid they can susped the ad serving on that placement ad - it happend 1 time with one of my apps due to some kids clicking I think.

  2. Likes code4life, gcc, vivek9, A1ka1inE liked this post
    Thanks vivek9, designers.coders thanked for this post
  3. #12
    gcc
    gcc is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Wow, this forum is speaking again and can see old forumers are back.
    I wish to talk more and more on android.
    All the experience sharing either bad or good keeps the motivation high and on the similar side learning is achieved from the mistakes.

    @ardi, your aquisition stats are great.
    Looks like you are using native ads only which are less intruisive than interstitials and more revenue giving than banners(ofcourse less than interstitials).
    May be thats the reason that users are keeping your app and your revenue is high.
    Additionally may be you are translating the store description and strings.xml files to local languages and localized graphics.

    Any comparison between FAN and Admob eCPM for US and Germany?

    Any promotion methods which are effectove these days? Keyword install or direct link install?

    Quote Originally Posted by ardi View Post
    Yes, before this app I couldn't believe that 67% was possible to achieve... that was a big surprise for me. The total number of downloads from 1st November is almost 500k. The number of impressions about 3.5 mil and the ecpm about 6.2$. Geo: Russia 15% , Ukraine 8%, USA 6.5%, Germany 6.4%, Poland 5.2% ... From USA i got an astonishing 23.21$ ecpm! translated to almost 7k$ just from them. I couldn't believe that this skyrocket ecpm was possible in these days. Germany 11$ ecpm and Russia 5$. I think that these great numbers are related to the fact that people like the app very much and this cause them to feel more confident to click on the ads and procede further. I have other similiar apps (with 50% retention on first day) that dont get even a third of that ecpm and others that barely get 1/5 of that ecpm from the same countries... I actually use just native FAN + native Admob as backfill. 90% of the income comes from FAN. FAN have became really strict about their policy ultimately and if they see some ad units close to buttons or if there are some accidental clicks from some kid they can susped the ad serving on that placement ad - it happend 1 time with one of my apps due to some kids clicking I think.

  4. Likes vivek9 liked this post
    Thanks vivek9 thanked for this post
  5. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardi View Post
    Yes, before this app I couldn't believe that 67% was possible to achieve... that was a big surprise for me. The total number of downloads from 1st November is almost 500k. The number of impressions about 3.5 mil and the ecpm about 6.2$. Geo: Russia 15% , Ukraine 8%, USA 6.5%, Germany 6.4%, Poland 5.2% ... From USA i got an astonishing 23.21$ ecpm! translated to almost 7k$ just from them. I couldn't believe that this skyrocket ecpm was possible in these days. Germany 11$ ecpm and Russia 5$. I think that these great numbers are related to the fact that people like the app very much and this cause them to feel more confident to click on the ads and procede further. I have other similiar apps (with 50% retention on first day) that dont get even a third of that ecpm and others that barely get 1/5 of that ecpm from the same countries... I actually use just native FAN + native Admob as backfill. 90% of the income comes from FAN. FAN have became really strict about their policy ultimately and if they see some ad units close to buttons or if there are some accidental clicks from some kid they can susped the ad serving on that placement ad - it happend 1 time with one of my apps due to some kids clicking I think.
    I earn $22K only after getting 1.5M Downloads. I usually get a lot of downloads, but I didn't earn more per download, Can you DM me your app link? I want to learn how that much retention rate is possible.

  6. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm new in this forum and in the apps market in general.
    I started developing apps as a full time activity on September 2016, after leaving my job. I was being paid 800 euros net per month, that is very low considering I'm an electronic engineer, so the decision wasn't so hard to be taken. With very few skills in programming, I started to acquire the specific notions for developing an Android app (linux tools, design patterns, concurrent programming, some notion of xml and Gradle, ...). On February 2017 I published an app with AdMob ads. Since October the app is giving me the same amount of money of my previous job.
    If I succeeded in doing this, maybe the Android market is not decreasing.

  7. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    @gcc from admob I got Russia 1.52$, USA 7.89$, Germany 2.43$, France 4.87$ ecc. Obviously this is for the November-December-January period. Anyway admob interrupted the express native ads so for now you cannot create a native ad unit for your app. I think that when they release the advanced native ad, maybe I will get 30-50% better results because the express native ads really sucks. I have not translated any app string to local language, just the store on some language as usual. Talking about promotion... here the point is that promotion have sense only with good apps. For example I've done a 600$ promotion on an app some months ago when I lauched it and I really throw that money away. It's retention sucks (35-40%) and no matter how money you spent, keywords install you buy or God praying you make, it will return to the place that google algorithm thinks the app deserve (in this case I'm making 3-5$/day with this app). At least in my case it works this way. On the other hand, I've also spent 600$ on the successful app (+cross promotion) and it's just like jumping in time. The good app will anyway succeed but without the promotion it will need maybe 2-5 months so practically you are buying 2-5 months of activity for that app.

    @vivek9 Yes you are right, for me too this is the first time I'm seeing so high ecpm. On the other apps I usually get lower or much lower ecpm. Regarding your request for the app link - are you kidding me . I would never do that .

    @_developer_ Hi, ehmmm what a coincidene.. I'm also an engineer and my story is really similar to yours . I also quit my 1500$/month job 1.5 years ago and I dedicated my self completely to programming. I'm at an excellent financial conditition right now thanks to those 15 apps and I'm going to start a small startup with 3 or 4 employee on the next months. I'm still a little confuse on what type of programming should I go for but I hope I'll find a way.
    Last edited by ardi; 2018-02-08 at 07:34 PM.

  8. Likes code4life, gcc liked this post
    Thanks designers.coders, gcc thanked for this post
  9. #16
    gcc
    gcc is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardi View Post
    @gcc from admob I got Russia 1.52$, USA 7.89$, Germany 2.43$, France 4.87$ ecc. Obviously this is for the November-December-January period. Anyway admob interrupted the express native ads so for now you cannot create a native ad unit for your app. I think that when they release the advanced native ad, maybe I will get 30-50% better results because the express native ads really sucks. I have not translated any app string to local language, just the store on some language as usual. Talking about promotion... here the point is that promotion have sense only with good apps. For example I've done a 600$ promotion on an app some months ago when I lauched it and I really throw that money away. It's retention sucks (35-40%) and no matter how money you spent, keywords install you buy or God praying you make, it will return to the place that google algorithm thinks the app deserve (in this case I'm making 3-5$/day with this app). At least in my case it works this way. On the other hand, I've also spent 600$ on the successful app (+cross promotion) and it's just like jumping in time. The good app will anyway succeed but without the promotion it will need maybe 2-5 months so practically you are buying 2-5 months of activity for that app.

    @vivek9 Yes you are right, for me too this is the first time I'm seeing so high ecpm. On the other apps I usually get lower or much lower ecpm. Regarding your request for the app link - are you kidding me . I would never do that .

    @_developer_ Hi, ehmmm what a coincidene.. I'm also an engineer and my story is really similar to yours . I also quit my 1500$/month job 1.5 years ago and I dedicated my self completely to programming. I'm at an excellent financial conditition right now thanks to those 15 apps and I'm going to start a small startup with 3 or 4 employee on the next months. I'm still a little confuse on what type of programming should I go for but I hope I'll find a way.



    well i too left the job some 3 years ago. but situation was little different. i was like keeping my feet in 2 boats at the same time.
    It was like Job and Android apps at the same time. I was about to be kicked off because of my office work ignorance and to be little more graceful i left it on my own

    @ardi, Thanks for sharing these details. yours eCPM is really good. I just checked mine it was $3.75 in December and $2.72 in this month.
    I am working more on ASO these days. I never touched it for last 3 years and it looks so shit. so thinking of replacing them with new trends.

    My store screenshots are just plane without any feature explanation on on them, Store listing is week, Video is very very poor. So have to do it for all my 13 apps.
    working on language translation also. got few paid translation. i am hoping that in that way retention and new users might be attracted little more.

    After that lots of work on bugs removal. It will take around 2-3 months for me to work on new apps

    Any of you any idea with IOS Apps? I am planning to work on them too.
    Which mediation and ads format you are using? users are so irritated of showing interstitial in the beginning loading screen.
    Last edited by gcc; 2018-02-09 at 05:22 AM.

  10. Thanks designers.coders thanked for this post
  11. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Few people agreed with my decision.
    I want to share my statistics too.
    I have two interstitial and a banner. One interstitial is in the app's start, after a splash screen. It is not shown every time due to long loading time. Considering the last 100 days the eCPM is $4.85.
    The banner is shown every time with an update rate of 30 seconds. The eCPM is $0,30.
    The other interstitial has a very low CTR and its performance is 1/10 of the first one. I'd like that only CPM ads would be shown from that unit. I tried to use mediation with Smaato, that is one of the ad network supported by AdMob without adding new SDK. I set it in the first position with an eCPM minimum value of $1.50, but doing so the fill rate was very low.
    I'd like to try other ad networks and I'm thinking about to give Appodeal a try.

    Quote Originally Posted by gcc View Post
    Any of you any idea with IOS Apps? I am planning to work on them too.
    Developing for IOS was one of my thoughts, but I'm worried about the restrictions on the publishing process, because my app doesn't have a good design. For porting my app to IOS I need to buy a Mac and an iPhone, and a lot of time to learn the operating system, new tools and new programming language. It would be a real disappointment if they did not let me publish the app after all this.

  12. #18
    gcc
    gcc is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    @_developer_
    Thanks for sharing the stats.
    I have heard a lot about smato,heyzap and appodeal mediations.
    Are you seeing big difference in revenue with and without the mediation?
    Checked Interstitials eCPM in Admob without mediation and Interstitials eCPM with smato mediation? How much is the difference?

    IOS development needs lots of resources like macbook and iphone. It needs lots of swift and objective C learning too.
    Is it worth? No idea.
    But i have heard a lot like first time app review and updates afterwards takes lot of time. May be they check it manually.
    Sometime they even reject the app saying that nothing new about the app and such apps already available. Apps updates may be rejected if certain layout rules are not followed.

    After this long struggle, downloading is very low in IOS store in comparison to android and IOS users hates the ads too 😆

    Anyway share the experiences if you got any.

  13. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcc View Post
    @_developer_
    Thanks for sharing the stats.
    I have heard a lot about smato,heyzap and appodeal mediations.
    Are you seeing big difference in revenue with and without the mediation?
    Checked Interstitials eCPM in Admob without mediation and Interstitials eCPM with smato mediation? How much is the difference?
    I didn't notice any differences, because setting a minimum value causes the most impressions to be done by AdMob. The Smaato console is very bad. It needs a lot of time (respect to AdMob) for querying data from a long period and I can't see the money they own me. I didn't give my bank address until the last month and I think I've lost the money the own me before that. It's not a big lost, I think it is around $20.

  14. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I took a pause from the market a long time ago.
    My revenue did decline a bit about 5% from previous year but I guess it is normal due to no updates or whatsoever.

    I might come back but I just love the relaxing life and being out door.
    Thanks to Android I became financially independent and I could never work a day in my life again if I wish.

    My advice would to you is to learn the rules and break them.
    Do this short term.
    I don't think the era of 2011 will ever come back to Android, the small none established developers like us will never win against the big players.

    I have noticed at the play store that some search terms and indexed to a specific app.
    That shows how Google is manipulative like it always been, and I think it will keep going downhill for all of us.

    " You will never be rich or financially independent as long as you are working for someone else."

    Good luck everyone!
    Their Store, Their rules.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2017-10-20, 03:07 PM
  2. This forum looks dead these days.
    By gcc in forum Advertising Networks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2017-07-03, 10:01 AM
  3. MMWA is DEAD - COME TO HIGH QUALITY ANDROID FORUM!
    By ramzixp in forum Advertising Networks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2017-05-19, 07:59 AM
  4. MMWA is DEAD - COME TO HIGH QUALITY ANDROID FORUM!
    By ramzixp in forum Advertising Networks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2017-05-18, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •