Ads and content overlap admob

Did you guys ever had ads disabled from Admob in your app because of ADS AND CONTENT OVERLAP policy?
What was your situation, how did you resolved it and did they resume serving ads after your made the changes and appealed?

I had an overlapping issue with FAN, but it was just a “no-reply” warning and I just disabled the ads in that app (as it was producing almost zero income anyway). So I didn’t really investigate further.

Did it happen with you on AdMob? can you share your experience?
In my case the only think that comes to mind is the NativeAd being partially and temporarily covered by the Floating Action Button while scrolling the “feed”. Is a case like this against AdMob policy?

It happened with me and AdMob, i made some changes to my apps and now i wait for appeal decision.
The problem is that i dont really know what changes to make because they dont tell you where the overlap is happening.

Yes, of course FAN doesn’t tell where too…

It’s directly related to placing ads that cover app content or interactions, or which could force users to interact with the ads by accident (placing ads too close to buttons, over menus, etc.).

You can read more about Admob’s policy here: https://support.google.com/admob/answer/6275345?hl=en&ref_topic=2745287. Making sure your ads are placed a safe distance from any interactive elements in your app should take care of the problem!

Make sure that your UI and ads are ok on screens with different ratios. There are lots of android devices with strange screens.