Getting started..

Hello all,

I’m just getting started in mobile app development and was having trouble understanding how ads are included in your app. It appears these advertising companies expect you to have a published app before they tell you how to include the advertising SDK/codes to make the ad appear. Wouldn’t that require you to have to recompile/publish your app? Has anyone use Javascript / Cordova (Phone Gap) to build apps and include advertising?

Just trying to get an understanding of “How it all works?” within the development process. Any tips/ suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!

Its odd that networks are suggesting you have your app published BEFORE you implement ads… Typically, you would implement their sdk BEFORE publishing your app.

Using Enhance®, it has never been easier to integrate 3rd party services into your project or to keep them up to date. (Ads, Mediation, Analytics, Attribution, Crash Reporting and more) With little to NO coding at all, Enhance® will have you ready to roll in a matter of minutes. No more hours of coding!

Currently, we are working on supporting cordova, until we do, you can still use our ZeroCode features to implement things like prerolls, banners and analytics.

For more information on Enhance®, the fastest way to implement and update SDK’s, follow the link : http://fgl.io/MMWA2

Good luck!

I check the website and it said it is FREE?!
It makes the SDKs smaller for the app? Is it possible for ionic app that has been compile to ios or android?

There is no cost to use our Enhance® platform depending on the options you choose.

I’m not sure I understand the other questions, forgive me.
-Does it make the SDK smaller? No. It is a hassle free way to implement one or more SDK’s at a time.
-Is it possible for it to work on iOS or android? Yes. Enhance® supports iOS and android. It depends on the network though. Do they support both…

Sorry if I didn’t understand you correctly.

Just curious how you make money from it if it is FREE??

Again, depending on the options you choose, Enhance® is free.
There are options where we can handle things for you. In that case, we get a small cut.

May I know more how enhance mediation work. Could not understand the waterfall part
I also want to understand teh zerocode and how to implement mediation for reward video for cordova

There are a few options with mediating networks through Enhance®.
1-You can do it yourself. Your dashboard will show you which networks you are earning and you can adjust them as you see fit.
2-We can do that for you.

Waterfall is a helpfull way to ensure fill. If you use network A and they do not fill, you get nothing. If you have NetworkA, and underneath it in your waterfall, NetworkB, if A does not fill, it goes to B to fill. You can have multiple networks in your waterfall. This also works when mediating the networks. Placing networks that may pay better closer to the top to get the most traffic.

Unfortunately, we do not yet support Cordova. It is a priority on our list and are working on it.
Zero code is still an option for things like pre-rolls/banners/analytics even though we don’t fully support Cordova yet.

1. what is the difference of option 1 and option 2? I need to choose ads network or use mediation (mediation sdk got fgl,appodeal and another one)?
  2. waterfall seems will not optimise by fill with the highest ecpm. Mediation normally will fill highest ecpm, this will ensure fill too. So, I do not see the point of waterfall.
  3. I need cordova with reward video mediation. There are which part of the app I want the reward video. How I should implement it with Enhance?my app is 6MB, so I do not want the sdk to make the size too large, like double up the size

Option 1, you mediate. you watch the networks (that you have already chosen) and determine where in the waterfall they sit.
Option 2, we do it for you.

If you are mediating one or more networks, you essentially already have a waterfall setup. The idea is to place the network with the highest eCPM up top. If you only have one network and that network doesn’t fill, again you get nothing. So take the 2nd best networks and place it under your top choice and so on down the line. “Mediation normally will fill highest ecpm, this will ensure fill too.” - This is not true. Yes, like mentioned above when mediating you want the highest eCPM up top, but that in no way will ensure they fill. You might have a network that shows they have a $5000 eCPM but never fill. These are things we look for.

Cordova is coming soon. Once support becomes available, you will have full access to everything Enhance® provides.

option 1, is it mean I need to write my own mediation code, and set the waterfall?
option 2, is it FREE?

when the cordova will be ready?In a few weeks?

Please feel free to email me - [email protected]

Hi @nimbleSolutions

Most ad-networks are pre-assuming that you’re already distributing your app in one way or another,
Whether its via Google’s PlayStore, Amazone app Store, or any other PlayStore alternative (It can be any web page in which your app can be downloaded from).
I guess that’s because developers usually releases their app with no ads at first
and only after they gained a proper amount of traffic they release an update to include ads.
With Mobfox, for example, if your app isn’t published yet you can choose to receive a preliminary URL instead,
and ofc, after you publish, you can change it to your app’s landing page.

Here are the official code integration instructions for Mobfox’s SDK:

https://github.com/mobfox/MobFox-Android-SDK

And MobFox official page:

MobFox - Mobile monetization and mediation platform, Mobile SSP

Let me know if you’re still struggling with the integration process and I will gladly help you out.

Email: [email protected]