New Airpush Bundled Sdk Program

Hi guys,

Did you enter in your Airpush’s dashboard? Airpush has released a new SDK with a PPD model. I have read the documentation of the new PPD SDK, but it says nothing about what user gets after he accepts the new EULA .

I’m a little surprised about nobody post this before.

I got a mail and asked for some information about the ads. I got answers without any information…

I think that says enough :wink:

Yes, i was going to ask about the same thing. I downloaded the sdk and integrated it with my application for testing. The new ad caching feature is good and implementing this SDK will definately boost my income. But, chances are high that users will reject an application trying to access their IMEI, email accounts and bunch of other personal stuff. There is EULA for user to opt-it which is required by the playstore policy. Are there any existing developers using this SDK? If yes, how are your users reacting to this new SDK?
I might as well give it a try on my few apps and will share the opt-in to download ratio and users feedback for this change.
So far my experience with airpush has been great ( apart from the revenue drop since holidays :frowning: ). So let’s see, will it really be a game changer…

new sdk not working for me, verifyerror, anyone else running into the same problem?

good news on this, no virus warning on the new sdk at least not with Dr. Web

I have got the same error

I like to try NEW AIRPUSH BUNDLED SDK but it`s 100% Google play compliment? and what about the earnings ?

Are you sure that it is PPD model? I see only: “Earn upto $.04 per new install”. But it don’t have to mean the PPD model… Maybe Phill will say sth more about it? What are rates for countries?

I think so. I read in Airpush’s site, that they pay you for every user installs your app (A.K.A accepts the new EULA).

Hi Guys,

I’m excited to announce the launch of our brand new Bundle SDK which is now available on your developer portal. This should increase your revenue significantly.

• You will be paid up to $.04 per download (in USA) and $.002 (international) in addition to normal CPM earnings.
  • Bundle SDK is 100% Google compliant.
  • User must opt in order for the install to count towards the PPD rate.

Let me know if you guys have any questions! Looking forward to an awesome 2014.

Best,

I have just installed it. hoping to see increment in revenue. Btw if you are using play services froyo, remove the meta tag that airpush provides from manifest file <meta-data android:name=”com.google.android.gms.version” android:value=”4030500″ />
see: Integrate Airpush new Bundled SDK to incease Android apps revenue

I’ve been beta-ing with the Bundled SDK for the past few weeks and have seen a pretty good jump in eCPM ($1.15 prior to beta testing to $1.50ish now). I’ve also experienced a good percentage of users actually opting in, which is a pleasant surprise. :slight_smile:

@Phil, I haven’t received any additional payments yet for the additional PPD? Can you look into this for me?

Hi MDesigns,

Please PM me your account information. Just an FYI since your revenue was earned during beta phase, the ad ons (PPD) will be paid at the end of January. Going forward if you qualify for weekly pay both PPD + CPM will be paid according to net 7 schedule.

The documentation says they support exit ads but I don’t see any way to do an exit ad when the user presses the home button? I don’t consider onBackPressed to be an exit ad. Startapp has a good exit ad and Id like to see this with airpush.

Has anyone been able to get exit ads to work by pressing the home button?

I think taking care of home button is violation of Google Play rules…

Maybe, but then its lame for airpush to call it an exit ad. Startapp has had exit ads for a long time with no issues at all. Maybe its because these airpush ads are just so slow and take a few seconds to show up and that creates a potential for out of app?

The main complaint I have is that I just don’t believe them. Google says I have 30% USA users but according to airpush Im making 0.5 cents per download average. Kindof shady. I think I’ll stick with my usual ad agencies.

When I removed the <meta-data android:name=“com.google.android.gms.version” android:value=“4030500” /> from manifest, my application works, but in the LogCat I have an error: "com.google.android. gms.version is not added in the Manifest, Please add ". Do Airpush will be properly counted installations or should it be changed?

First run and errors came up:

01-17 16:58:15.191: E/AndroidRuntime(1258): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.example/com.example.MainActivity}: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #53: Error inflating class com.airpushpackage.airpushpackage.AdView
01-17 16:58:15.191: E/AndroidRuntime(1258): Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: com.airpushpackage.airpushpackage.Util$1
01-17 16:58:15.191: E/AndroidRuntime(1258): at com.airpushpackage.airpushpackage.Util.a(SourceFile:134)
01-17 16:58:15.191: E/AndroidRuntime(1258): at com.airpushpackage.airpushpackage.AdView.<init>(SourceFile:298)

Step 2 - Google Play Services SDK
Please follow the Set up Google Play services  |  Google for Developers steps for adding Google Play Services SDK in project.

Thanks dude! Next problem:

01-17 18:08:18.781: E/BunSDK(1927): java.lang.IllegalStateException: The meta-data tag in your app’s AndroidManifest.xml does not have the right value. Expected 4132500 but found 4030500. You must have the following declaration within the <application> element: <meta-data android:name=“com.google.android.gms.version” android:value=“@integer/google_play_services_version” />

I’m only using Google Play Services (not for Froyo). Documentation says that it should be android:value=“4030500”, but it don’t work

After changing the value to the one from Logcat it didn’t run on Android 2.3.6, although it should. But when run on 4.2 the new logcat error came out:

01-17 18:14:50.794: I/dalvikvm(2800): Could not find method android.provider.Settings$Global.getString, referenced from method com.airpushpackage.Util.u

In few words - I think that it is not worth implementing it now… There will be many bugs and errors. Wait a few days is the best option