Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Another Admob Ad Policy violation warning

Hi,

I just received this email, i only use one interstitial ad before the user chooses a puzzle to play , so i do not know what to make of this email, can any one please guide me ...

Also is this like one strike(warning) of the 3 that any one gets ...

////----------------------
    Hello,

We are alerting you that your app is currently in violation of the AdMob program policies. Importantly, this will require action on your part to ensure no disruption in ad serving. Please read below for more information on the actions you need to take:

Publisher Id: ca-app-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

App Id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Current ad serving status: Active

Violation explanation

LAYOUT ENCOURAGES ACCIDENTAL CLICKS - INTERSTITIAL ADS:
    Publishers are not permitted to encourage users to click AdMob interstitial ads in any way. Please review how you’ve implemented interstitial ads and be mindful of the following non-compliant implementation(s):

Interstitial ads that load unexpectedly while a user is viewing the app’s content.
    For more information about our policies and tips for how to comply please read the following:

AdMob ad placement policy
    AdMob interstitial ad guidance
    AdMob preload instructions for Android and iOS

Action required: Please make changes immediately to your app to comply with AdMob program policies.

Current account status: Active

You do not need to contact us once you've made the necessary changes to your app. Please be aware that if additional violations are accrued, ad serving may be disabled to the app listed above.

Note that the app listed above is just one example and the same violation may exist on other apps you own. We suggest that you review all your apps for compliance with the AdMob program policies to reduce the likelihood of future warnings.

For more information regarding our policy warning notifications, visit our Help Center.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

The Google AdMob Team

Rajiv
    Last edited by rajivmemon; 2016-12-20 at 10:53 AM.

2. Thanks asoguy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    what's your CTR for this app?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hi,

Its like many times i see some amount getting added to this ad unit then getting deducted , i have now added the ad unit to appear after the puzzle is completed rather then before it is selected , hope that helps with issue...CTR 2.7%

I did a big campaign of about $300 on adwords and ironically its sister firm is blaming me for click fraud, such a shame ...

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    How is the Interstitial triggered exactly? and when does it show after user action?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's weird. Same thing happen to me today.
    Also I did a adwords campaign for about 200$.
    My CTR is about 0,5% so it can't be the problem. Ads are displayed during the load of the next level.
    Honestly I don't see any violation here so it's another google action like "waste your time and worry if you get banned"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    @tacchan23 @domad @shuiwo- So here is the flow, the game opens, the person then clicks on play puzzle, then the user goes to a page where the list of puzzle lies, here the ads show up, the user can dismiss the ad and select puzzle and play the game, now i do not show any other type of ad like banner etc, just this one ad...

Now after email i have made the ad show up only after the user completes the puzzle, hope that helps ...

But the apps that i played as sample have so many ads flashing all the time , including ones that are very near the place where the user places finger to solve the puzzle, still admob has no issue with them but sends such email to me ...

@domad - if your app shows ads during the load of next level, what else a developer can do, this is what is mentioned in their best practices videos as well, really google is resorting to flushing out small players and focusing on big fish from where 90% of their revenue comes ...

And even sadder there is no alternative in sight ...

Regards
    Last edited by rajivmemon; 2016-12-23 at 09:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rajivmemon View Post
    @tacchan23 @domad @shuiwo- So here is the flow, the game opens, the person then clicks on play puzzle, then the user goes to a page where the list of puzzle lies, here the ads show up, the user can dismiss the ad and select puzzle and play the game, now i do not show any other type of ad like banner etc, just this one ad...
    If I understand your flow correctly, the problem is here:
    the person then clicks on play puzzle, then the user goes to a page where the list of puzzle lies, here the ads show up

You need to show the Ads as soon as the user click and before showing the next activity. When the user closes the Interstitial Ad you will launch the next Activity instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    @tacchan23 - but the ads don't always show up immediately , sometimes there is a delay and hence by that time the puzzles page will open up, should i give a delay for 2-3 seconds before the puzzle page opens up ...

Now i am showing ads immediately as the puzzle is completed successfully, is that ok now or there also i will need to make some changes ...

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rajiv you need to pre load the ad and on click you need to check is ad is loaded then show it otherwise ignore

11. Likes tacchan23 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    @DroidDev99 - thanks, that is a really good option but my worry is they are nit picking for even minor issues , so as per their policy an interstitial is best suited to be shown after a level is over , so i have shown an interstitial after the level is over and given a delay of 4 seconds and then go to main puzzle level , for the last one day now there has not been any deduction in the amount as was earlier in the case .... they called it accidental clicks , lets see how it goes ...

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast