AdinCube - Smarter Ad Mediation

Hi all,

I’m very excited to introduce AdinCube to the makingmoneywithandroid community!

At AdinCube, we believe that the ad tech environment is very complex for mobile developers. There are plenty of ad networks with different strengths and weaknesses. For developers willing to succeed in the monetization game, it soon becomes a SDK hell with many accounts, payment thresholds and optimization issues.

We think developers deserve a solution that maximizes their revenues by making all the best networks compete in real time.
This way, developers can focus on what they do best: creating amazing apps.

That’s why we created AdinCube, the last generation Ad Mediation solution for your mobile apps. With one simple SDK integration, AdinCube allows you to have all the major ad networks and a huge RTB demand (150+ partners) fighting for each one of your impressions.

Please note that AdinCube is only open to apps generating a minimum of 10,000 impressions per day.

AdinCube is a service of Purple Brain, which has been focused on app monetization for 5 years.
Purple Brain also operates the AdBuddiz ad network.

At AdinCube, we believe in 100% unbiased mediation.
That’s why, you can deactivate AdBuddiz (or any other network) at any time if you don’t want to use it.

Purple Brain headquarters are located in Paris - France.

I am here if you have any questions.

You can also reach our support team via email: [email protected]

Sarah

Hi Sarah. Thank you for posting this. I’ve been seeing your ads following me around the internet and I didn’t know what your company was. This is interesting. It seems very much like Appodeal. Can you explain what is different?

Hello user6116,

I don’t know all the specificities of their product and I am not comfortable judging a competitor. I am sure they are great people.

What I can tell you is that there are several features that make AdinCube unique:

• AdinCube provides complete unbiased mediation, which means that we don’t get paid based on our own internal campaigns.
    We strongly believe that unbiased mediations leads to better revenues for the developers

• AdinCube’s SDK is as lightweight as possible, extremely stable, simple to integrate and update. We can provide custom SDKs with only selected networks upon request (you can even do it yourself on some technologies)

• AdinCube negotiated special rev share conditions with the networks thanks to our volumes which enables us to pay the highest payouts to developers

• We believe that developers should have the total freedom of using our solution the way they want: you can use AdinCube even if you don’t want to use Admob and you can deactivate any network at any time and directly on your portal

• Being present in the ad space since 2011, we secured a lot of direct RTB integrations. It means the highest number of advertisers can compete with the networks for your impressions (it leads to higher CPM and revenues)

• You can get worldwide payments immediately (in $ or €) and without filling complex tax documentations as we are a French corporation

• In order to qualify for AdinCube, you need to generate a minimum of 10,000 impressions / day. This limit allows us to focus on giving the highest quality of service to the developers using our solution.

At the end of the day, we believe that developers need to make their opinion by themselves.
On our end, we strongly believe that AdinCube provides the highest performing and simplest mediation service.

Lets say i would use your service and then some day my app would get deleted on google play store (maybe also from admob) … would i be banned on your service too then ?

Also is it necessary to have app live on google play … or does other stores (for example amazon app store) work as well ?

Hello tobiblueeyes,

We are fully aware that Google sometimes bans accounts without solid reasons. That’s why we always make sure to analyze the specificities of each situation.

When activating a network from AdinCube, you need to make sure you respect the terms and conditions of the network.
If you get banned from one specific network but still respects the terms and conditions of the other networks, then you can still use AdinCube on these networks.

To answer your second question, we focus on apps on the Google Playstore and the Appstore.

I had similar experience and I’m very happy with AdinCube.
Recently Google banned my adsense account for sending PII (I had email in URL in my website)…and I though I fix it…but I fixed it for desktop and forgot the mobile layout.
Google banned my adsense forever and that affected my admob.
Fortunately the ads in my mobile game continud to run (except for the admob).
It is cool that in AdinCube console you can specify which networks to be turned on and which off.
You dont’ like to serve ads from certain network - you just turn it off from the admin panel.
In general AdinCube is very nice monetization solution. I hope they soon introduce support for not only Google Play and Apple store.

Our company has been using AdinCube now since June of this year. So far we have been very happy with the results. We are using it on Android and iOS, for all our banner and interstitials, including even rewarded video ads, across now all our apps (which are casual games and a couple of reference apps). We have seen an across the board increase in earnings of at least 30%, which is all the more impressive since our previous monetization solution was already quite well optimitized, i.e. we already were using mediation and a number of ad networks and had invested quite a lot of our own time in monetization and mediation.

I would say here are the three biggest advantages of this mediation solution for us:

1. Admob optimization: AdinCube makes very clever use of eCPM floor ad units in Admob to actually increase Admob income, compared to using them directly. This has probably made the biggest difference to our income increase.
  2. They support lots of different ad networks (including most of the important ones), and include a good optimization system to maximize eCPM across those networks. The optimization is full automated, meaning we do not need to maintain manually entered eCPM values per network & country, all this is done for us, resulting in a lot less maintenance work for us.
  3. The solution is much simpler to implement, configure and maintain compared to our previous monetization solution, even though it is using quite a lot more networks than we previously used. All income except Admob income is channelled through one account, making that side easier too. This has really allowed us to focus more time and effort on improving our apps and building new ones, and thus much less time working on monetization work.

Finally I should also add that this company is not standing still. In the six months we have been using them, they have been continually expanding their solution (in terms of platforms, networks, optimizations and ad types), meaning our monetization solution is constantly improving without any great effort on our part. They have a roadmap of further improvements they are planning into the future.

Did anyone tried Adincube ?
How is the fill rate without using admob ?
How is the average ecpm without using admob ?
Anybody already received payment ?

Here to report my impressions so far about AdInCube.

I got a banned app from AdMob so I started looking at alternative solutions that would mediate through different ad networks and optimize accordingly.

After some reasearch I found AdInCube among others. Why I chose them? Cause they were the only one with a clear company location and they were the only one to offer a mediation solution that was not deeply coupled with AdMob.

After reaching out to them It was very clear they were pros and they helped us with some technical issues we had while integrating their solution since we had a very specific need.

For those of you wondering, the plain integration is just a couple of lines of code; no code-kamasutra or other esoteric coding is requires. A quick gradle import and a couple of lines of code and you’re good to go.

We spent the first month without admob and I must admit they did match my expectations. I already knew that life without admob was not the same and incomes were going to be a bit lower but nonetheless I recovered a full 60% of what I was doing with admob alone.

After a while AdMob reinstantiated our app (with some limitations) and we added AdMob support within AdInCube and performances in term of eCpm is, to date, the best we ever saw in our 4-5 years of expertise. I truly wish I knew them before the “admob glitch”

Thank you again guys

Quick adding some metrics for the interstitials format:

• Admob alone before the strike : 1.5$ cpm
  • AdinCube alone during the admob strike: 2.09$ cpm
  • AdInCube w/ AdMob after the strike ended: 3.29$ cpm

All cpm values are calculated using a week of data (different periods obviously)

Does AdinCube have sdk for unity 3d?

Also, about Facebook audience network with adincube, do i need to create a facebook developer account and set up the ads myself and get paid by Facebook, or is everything handled by adincube, including payments from Facebook?

We do have a Unity plugin.

No need to create a facebook developer account.
AdinCube sets up everything for you and pays you directly for your facebook revenues.

10,000 daily impressions per app? Thats a little steep dont you think? or is it 10k daily from all apps.

It’s 10K daily impressions per app.
The product has been built for high traffic apps.

Does AdinCube pay directly for Admob aswell?

No, you keep your Admob account.
Admob pays you directly for your Admob revenues.
It’s the only account you need to keep besides your AdinCube one.

We have been using AdinCube for about 6 weeks, and are very satisfied.
Previously we only worked with AdMob, after iAd was discontinued.

I was positively surprised by the personal email from them. They spent quite some time to download and use our popular iOS app.

Based on a very bad experience with another mediation company in the past, we were very hesitant to try another.
We clearly stipulated that our primary goal is user experience, earning money is second.
So we fired a lot of critical questions to them, and they were answered within an hour.
We had 2 no-go areas considering their iOS SDK, and the same day we received a customised SDK from their developer.
This was absolutely boosting the confidence in AdinCube.

We first decided to implement banners only.
Similar to AdMob configuration, we could send our preferences regarding Ad content (e.g. no gambling) by email, and they would inform their mediation networks.

We maintained AdMob in our app, and added AdinCube.
We select between the 2, based on a real-time parameter, which also acts as a “kill switch”. In case we would receive user complaints about AdinCube banner content, we could instantly disable AdinCube and fallback to AdMob.
This gives us confidence to use AdinCube in our production app, with an average of 5,000 daily App Store downloads.
We added an integer between 0 and 100, as percentage of AdinCube banners vs AdMob.
We use Parse Config for this, see: Announcing Parse Config
At launch of the app update, we gradually increased the percentage from 10 to 20% and waited for a few days. With no user complaints and increasing revenues, we kept increasing the percentage, with roughly 10% per day.

After a week or 3 at 100%, our eCPM for banners has almost tripled with AdinCube, compared to AdMob only.
Recently we have added interstitials too (with a 2nd real-time percentage parameter), where the eCPM more than doubled.

In summary, we highly recommend AdinCube:
• The promised eCPM is feasible
• Email response is super fast, mostly within the hour (during European business hours).
• Direct email contact with development team, who are willing to supply custom SDKs.
• Integration in iOS is easy (and similar to AdMob).

First of all, AdinCube looks quite promising.
What looks suspicious to me is that there are too many users with new accounts posting very positive results. I’m not sure if I can trust such people like indie_developer, auanagana or iMKapps. Sorry, but this look like fake accounts from AdinCube.
Unfortunately no report from an ‘old’ user of this forum.

Nevertheless, I have some questions:

1. Is AdinCube combining the jar libraries of other ad networks into a big one or is the mediation done on server side (and therefore only a lightweight SDK)?
  2. Does the AdinCube Android SDK provides Listeners for events like ‘ad loaded’ or ‘ad clicked’. Ideally I would like to see the SDK documentation before signing up, but I don’t see it on the homepage.
  3. Is AdinCube 100% Google Play compliant?
  4. I have an app without age restrictions. Can I filter problematic ad categories?
  5. What permissions are required to be added to the Android manifest?

Hello itsnotme,

I can assure you that those testimonials are not from us.
As an “old” MMWA developer, we would be very happy if you can also share your experience of AdinCube on MMWA.

1. AdinCube is indeed combining the jar libraries of all the major ad networks.
    We can provide a custom SDK with only the networks you want so that the SDK has the minimum size.
    On top of the SDK networks, AdinCube provides mediation with hundreds of RTB partners via server to server.

2. Yes. Here is the documentation (you can have access to it without signing in)

3. Yes, it is.

4. Sure. You just need to drop us an email ([email protected]) and we’ll filter the categories you want on all networks

5. Only 2 permissions are mandatory:
    INTERNET
    ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE