Christmas Numbers Success or Disappointment?

The data is in, how were everyone’s Christmas numbers this year? What were the successes and failures, and what networks came through? I saw a massive 500% increase of paid sales on Amazon and they were the clear hero of the day for me. Admob was about average. Airpush was complete garbage and CPM was half that of a normal day with twice the impressions. Didn’t even log into Leadbolt. Google Play sales and IAP were about average. I’ll have to say that it wasn’t as big of a holiday boost as I had hoped, but we should still see quite a few more downloads over the next few weeks. What about everybody else?

Personally have not noticed big difference, slightly more than average.

My numbers increased %50 in AdMob. I think it depends on users locations.
If your users mostly coming from christian countries, than your Christmas time earning will be increase.

slight bump of about 30%, nothing major considering i’ve been growing about the same month over month

Well, I screwed up release notes (again) which caused a big drop in downloads just for Christmas (it’s back to normal now - never put too long release notes because they will hide the description). But apart from that the numbers were quite strong on adMob and low on moPub - but moPub Marketplace probably still has reporting issues so I hope they will go up. MMedia was better than usual (but I put very little trafiic there right now until they sort out payments). My games are on life support now anyway - I have to release new ones soon anyway or my revenue will start to drop quickly. :slight_smile:

25th DEC:

33% more revenue for Tap the Box and downloads increased from 5k to 9k
50% more revenue for Color Fill and downloads increased from 5k to 16k

120% increase on Christmas day with Admob. 80% on 26th and looking abour 60%-70% so far today (27th).
The end of November up until 24th were all 10%-20% better than rest of year with Admob.

Other networks I use saw increases the last few days, but not on Admob’s levels.

Big disappointment for me on admob, more than 50% decrease compared to November but big bump on 27th and looking good today also.

Just a side note - the numbers for my iOS apps are in (Apple is so backward they turn off the whole developer panel for Christmas) and they are… 50% of what I normally get there. And zero sales of paid app. Worse than Amazon.

For me, mobilecore, startapp and admob yields most return. With mobilecore, im seeing huge increase in revenue from Mid november.

You mean 50% of downloads? What about ad revenue? Do you have ads in your ios apps? As for zero sales - that’s really strange - maybe their stats are still outdated?

Hello
My revenue for admob doubled (100% increase). Sales were up by to 25%. Many of my apps target middle east.

However what I don’t understand is I released an app 2 days ago. When I search for it, I can’t find it. I have to put quotes to find the app although no no other other app has the same name. I thought if I release before xmas, it will will be hit. I was wrong. I am not sure if Google does indexing during Xmas. So i will give it couple of more days before changing the name. Anyways 0$ revenue from that newly released app

If you don’t have enough downloads, you won’t be able to find your app by name. For example if your app is called AAA BBB, and you will search for it, you really search for app containing keyword AAA or BBB, so you will see AAA XXX, AAA ZZZ, WWW BBB etc.

It’s because your newly app has really poor position for both keywords. Especially if name contains popular keywords.

Yes, I don’t monitor ad revenue from iOS yet, too little active users yet. Zero sales because free version of my game killed sales of paid version - apparently nowadays iOS users are not that willing to pay for ad free version. :wink: And Apple numbers are always final from what I’ve seen. Lack kf 30 days promotion on iOS is painful - you only get 3 days on new lists.

@mike82 thank you. So how do people get insane number of downloads first couple of days? Every app starts with zero downloads. I thought using common names is good idea :frowning:

On my side, ad revenue increased a little, and downloads increased by 30%
Several of my apps are not game though, and I suppose these are the ones that got most love during xmas :slight_smile:

For me it like normal day.
@BaksaiApps You have two developer account?

Just one, the other one is my brothers personal account