Google Play Violation Warning

Today I got warning email from Google. I had a lot of keywords in my description and I think google is not allow these any more. Be careful and do not get banned.
I immediately removed misleading content , I hope I won’t get banned.

Here is the email that I mentioned.

This is a notification that your application, *********, with package ID com.., is currently in violation of our developer terms.
REASON FOR WARNING: Violation of the spam provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to the spam policy help article for more information.

Do not use irrelevant, misleading, or excessive keywords in apps descriptions, titles, or metadata.
Please refer to the keyword spam policy help article for more information.

Your application will be removed if you do not make modifications to your application’s description to bring it into compliance within 7 days of the issuance of this notification. If you have additional applications in your catalog, please also review them for compliance. Note that any remaining applications found to be in violation will be removed from the Google Play Store.

Please also consult the Policy and Best Practices and the Developer Distribution Agreement as you bring your applications into compliance. You can also review this Google Play Help Center article for more information on this warning.

All violations are tracked. Serious or repeated violations of any nature will result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts.

The Google Play Team

I’ve gotten one of these warning before for keywords. I removed all the keywords and it was fine after the 7 days. Consider yourself lucky you were warned and given a chance to fix it!

Yeah, we are both very lucky :slight_smile:

BTW how many keywords did you have?

For me, my app was a travel type app, and I had listed a bunch of train lines it could be used with. They didn’t like my long list of train stations I had put in the middle of my description.

My app wasn’t a parking game but I refered a lot of keywords like ; car Parking, Bus Parking or Truck Parking. My was just a obstacle course car game. Nothing related with parking games.

If want detailed information about what should we avoid. You can find clear explanation from here. There is one Best practice and couple of violation examples.

If i have an app about musical instruments that includes around 30 instruments and i list them on my store listing’s description, am i violating the guidelines?
I am about to publish my first app so i am quite in the dark about this. What does your experience tell you about my example?

I am confused because for example, i see some apps on google play, such as the following two, that apparently are not suspended:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dmit.plmi

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.symbolic.pitchlab