Startapp - very low eCPM

I’m getting very low cpm in the last few days,
Is anyone else getting lower cpm for startapp?

Happened to me too, going to removed them at the end of the year

Well yea, if they don’t fix it i don’t see any advantage in using them.
It’s holiday season, so its the worst time too…

yes, startapp has gone pathetic in holiday season. @Mizizi, @rixchow, What is the alternative you guys think can replace startapp?

same to me, ecpm is about 0.7. how is yours?

I just use startapp internsitial in my live wallpaper app, i am gonna unpublished all my live wallpaper at 2014, so no replacement :stuck_out_tongue:

with only interstitial ads, my eCPM ~ 0.55 :frowning:

it’s seem interstitial is lower banner in eCPM

Yes… I have also very low eCPM. These are my stats:
72,283 887,518 $0.41 $473.46
So eCPM lower than 0,5$…:confused:

I offer you to go to Minimob (and if you want to - put promo code “mjms”).

im having the opposite situation. these days my average startapp ecpm is about $2.5-3 . for some apps im getting $6 ecpm. i also noticed an ecpm increase in airpush and mobilecore

Yeah same as @androiddev, I’m getting great eCPM with StartApp’s interstitials. 900k impressions last 30 days with $2.50 eCPM average.

Guys,

You’re invited to try Appnext’s new SDK. it’s really doing beyond all expectations and not only doubled (yes, doubled) the ecpms, it’s also paying $15 per 1000 active users, in all countries. (Every user who sees an ad is also offered to opt in)

Please try and let us know how it works for you. (@jonathan)

Probably then it is about the traffic origin because the sdk can’t bias developers.

I don’t see any startapp rep care to explain whats going on with this, when there are so many ad networks, ignoring your developers isnt the best idea. I guess its time to look for alternatives.

Mine is still good, the eCPM for Dec is $6.27 :slight_smile:

Current month eCPM has increased for me a little bit, still average is $2.76

Is it game or normal app? Thanks.

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the delay to answer this and generally not being around as much. Things have been busy, to say the least, unfortunately I had less time to address issues here.

But,I see you all kept yourselves busy and the forum is super busy.

A note before I answer, and something I always say - Writing in the forum is not the way to solve these issues! I’m not saying don’t write about this here, but please (please!!) email [email protected]. Our support team is there just for these questions. And they are able to quickly answer any question.

Mizizi, i’ll be brutally honest, I have no idea why you are seeing an eCPM drop, but I would love to help understand and see how we can improve.

As you can see, other developers have reported very good results recently, and looking at the overall traffic in our network, there is no noticeable drop in eCPM across the board. So this is obviously not a broad issue.

Any one app can have better days, and worse. Especially if the number of imps is low (which I don’t know in your case). In that case, a single install can change the eCPM from $3 to $0.2.

It does, of course, also depend on the origin of your users.

And there are so many more factors that come in to play here, you know.

I suggest you contact our support (you can also email me directly - [email protected]) with your account dev info, and we’ll take a closer look.

Have a great week everyone,
Ariel.

What is your average eCPM for Android games??
Thanks.

I´ve got to ask one question for you, Ariel, at that point: How is it, technically speaking, possible that some people have great eCPMs (3USD+) (thus receive good ads) while others have horrible eCPMs (0,01- 0,3 USD)? What mechanism does actually decide which apps get which ads? Is it depending on the app category? Is it depending on the content? Or is it depending on the amount of impressions an app can generate each day? I mean we people work our balls off to deliver as many high quality impressions as possible, but the reward you offer is in so many cases almost worthless ( I see it is good for some people)!

Just take that guy mmmkkksss who wrote some posts above me:

" 72,283 887,518 $0.41 $473.46
So eCPM lower than 0,5$…:/"

You just have to know how hard it is to generate so many impressions. And now compare the reward. If I knew what I would be getting for this number of impressions before deciding whether to do it or not, my choice would be 100% to not do it.

And now finally take my example. My eCPM with you guys is 0,11$. I registered only a few weeks ago, so maybe it takes time to gain better eCPM. But if that wont change, I´m gone as fast as I came.