Google Ad Policy questions

Guys, if in my app I do something like this “if you want to unlock some locked option, click 3 times on ad”
Would it be a violation of Google’s policy?
What do you think?

Yes. It would get you banned in a matter of 3 seconds. Read the policy and read the terms of the ad networks you use.

@chuburat, don’t do that with admob because they have automated scanners for detecting high ctr and raising flags in Googleplex.
@Magnesus, how about asking for click on non-admob ads. There are ton of ad networks shitting the developers and don’t have any checks (built to earn money just as a middle man with no intention to create better android ecosystem)

Yes. It would get you banned in a matter of 3 seconds. Read the policy and read the terms of the ad networks you use.

I read the policy. Do you mean rating for a fee? Or another position in policy?
May you introduce a quote from the policy that prohibits what I said above?

@chuburat, don’t do that with admob because they have automated scanners for detecting high ctr and raising flags in Googleplex.

I do not use admob.

What I mean. For example I have two buttons in settings screen. First blocked “Character”, Second “Unlock character” and write if you want to unlock character click for three times. And when click on ‘Unlock character’ ad displays
This situation violates the policy?
If yes, for example Tapjoy must also be outlawed.

@javaexp - wouldn’t that break Google policy though? “Forcing the user to click on ads or submit personal information for advertising purposes in order to fully use an app is prohibited.”

I don’t think this violates the Google policy itself, but it’s definitely a no-no for AdMob and possibly other networks.

With that said, I’m curious as how you track that the user, upon viewing the ad, is actually clicking it.

no need to track. Just trust those dumb users. We can increment counter in onreceived/onclick listener of any ad network sdk.
@Magnesus, thanks for that quote from policy. Yes @chuburat, officially it is not allowed by play store but who monitors apps so closely in play store manually :smiley: You will not be able to submit such app to amazon app store though

javaexp So what about Tapjoy? It uses the same principle. Click, download, earn points to unlock

tapjoy is incentive based!!If user want to unlock your character.He will have to earn ur currency by downloading and viewing other people vidoes.After completing action .he get enuf currency to unblock ur character.And even you get paid!!

Why clicking on the button and then on ad can not be an incentive? After all, you can call it “unlocked option price - 3 points, earn 3 points and unlock option, one click one point”

Yes @chuburat, officially it is not allowed by play store but who monitors apps so closely in play store manually

but Magnesus said

It would get you banned in a matter of 3 seconds.

I’m confused.

I was talking about admob ban. Google Play ban will depend on reviews and reports. Anyway, don’t do that.

Will u advertise your own app on such app where user just click your banner but will not download or view your content?

The point is that companies who advertise in Tapjoy pay a per install price according to incentivized installs (lower than a non-incentivized install). If they are advertising through a “regular” ad network, they expect non-incentivized users because that´s what they are paying for.

Is not the point, the point is why when the user sees the “sorry, this button is disabled to unlock earn 100 scores,” and then shows app-wall with prices, the user downloads and earn scores that can be spent to unlock button. And all of this is compatible with the policy of Google.
And if you have in the settings screen locked button and write press another button 3 times and then on advertising then the first button becomes available. But in this case there is no compatibility with the policy. If I do small modification, and users sees “earn 30 scores to unlock, every click on special button and then on ad costs 10 scores”. will it be compatible with the policy? this is almost like tapjoy. I’m not forcing user to click on ad, the user can continue to use the lite version of the app with a blocked functional.

No. I integrate some ad network sdk and want a user clicks on ad.

Could be Google´s Policy compliant, but if the ad networks find out, they won´t pay you. It is almost like Tapjoy, but the advertiser is not paying Tapjoy´s rate. Put yourself in everyone’s position and think who is loosing with this.

Understood. But users get unlocked options, ad network get money from advertiser, advertiser get traffic, i monetize my traffic and also get the money. Everyone happy. Main problem google policy. If this situation Google´s Policy compliant…everythink ok.
By the way, after downloading app from tapjoy app wall and earning scores users often remove the downloaded application because their main goal is earning points but do not download another application.

But think this way:
If advertiser pays “Ad network A” per click, he is paying for clicks that are not converting into installs, so he is paying a higher cost than he normally would. They lose money in the short term, they get pissed off, go to Ad network B and Ad network A loses (advertisers) money and reputation in the long term.

What you mention about uninstalling the app after downloading it; thats exactly the reason why those installs (incentivized) are cheaper than non-incentivized

Agree. But ad is ad. If user like advertised app he download it and if do not like it then do not download it. And tapjoy still have not lost reputation.

And do you use admob cpc? I used once. If advertiser using cpc he must understood that only a small number of clicks will be converted into installations.