App update rejected

Hi,

We made 4-5 updates in a short time to our app, its very similar to this app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.worldfashiontrip&hl=en

Now we were send this email by a google representative -

///------------------------

Thanks for submitting your app to Google Play. I reviewed “xxxxxxxx” and had to reject it because it violates our deceptive ads policy. If you submitted an update, the previous version of your app is still live on Google Play.

Here’s how you can submit your app for another review:

Remove any ads that simulate or impersonate the user interface of any app, notification, or warning elements of an operating system. For example, your app contains: a button with three horizontal lines that links to other apps
Read through the Deceptive Ads article for more details and examples.
Make sure your app is compliant with the Ads policy and all other policies listed in the Developer Program Policies. Remember that additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy issues with your apps.
Sign in to your Developer Console and submit your app.

If you’ve reviewed the ads policy and feel this rejection may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team. One of my colleagues will get back to you within 2 business days.

///////--------------------------------------

Now we only use interstitial ads before the user chooses a character to dress up and no ads in between , no banner etc, our previous version is till live, earlier we were only using admob, we recently added chartboost and heyzap, can this be the reason …

I have appealed for reinstating the update with all the facts…

Can some one suggest in this regard , as to the chances of success in appeal …

Rajiv

I got this warning before when using a GiftBox icon to open any kind of Ads (Interstital, Native, etc).
If this is not your case, try to ask for more details of the issue to Google.

@tacchan23 - this is not the case, we made 8-9 updates , but received this only when we added other ad networks to app, app ad delivery is similar to the sample app, ads appear just before starting the dress up , very similar to what google suggests in its video for interstitial ads …

I have appealed , i just want to know should i release a new update with only admob or wait to listen from them about appeal, i am sure with only admob they will approve it …

Note - the strangest thing is the version that is still live has exact ad implementation as the one they rejected , just new ad networks added …

Rajiv

Actually I just read again your warning notice… it states already the problem and it’s the same as my GiftBox icon when I used it to link to a list of apps/ads
“For example, your app contains: a button with three horizontal lines that links to other apps”

By the way, it’s useless to appeal on this. I tried it 3 times before giving up. They not allow to link to any list of sponsored application with just an icon, you need to add text like “visit our sponsored apps” or “more of our apps” etc

@tacchan23 - yes its a link to our other apps on our app store … what is wrong with it ?

Regards

You can’t link to other apps/googleplay with only an icon (as it’s not enough to let the user know he will be redirected there). You need to add text like “visit our sponsored apps” or “more of our apps” etc. Maybe if you replace the 3 line icons with a GooglePlay icon it may be enough, but I didn’t try it so I don’t know for sure.

@tacchan -thanks, we will get it removed,two queries, so it has nothing to with our ad networks? should i wait for the appeal result which i believe will now be rejected, or submit an update before a reply from them …

Rajiv

It has nothing to do with the Ad Networks you added. It’s good they specified the reason in the first message. Usually I had to appeal just to know the exact reason of the rejection (the icon).
You don’t need to wait their reply, as most likely the appeal will be rejected. But of course if you prefer to wait, it’s up to you.
Finally, if you like you could move the Icon inside a Menu so you can add text “Our other Apps” next to it.

@tacchan - thanks we will update and upload the update and make changes to menu or remove it altogether …

Rajiv