Confusing alert from FAN

I received an email from FAN

Thank You for Your Interest in Facebook’s Audience Network
At this time, we are unable to approve the app, xxx, with the identifier, play.xxx.xxx, for Audience Network. We will contact you if we can accept this app in the future.
Thanks,
Facebook’s Audience Network Team

1. The app name mentioned in email doesn’t have the identifier as written in email
  2. The app is showing revenue for 19th. The income for 20th is not yet visible
  3. In the alerts section in FAN for this app name, I do see the same alert as sent in email

Has anybody received this kind of alert recently?

EDIT:

I just got related emails. I was using the app’s IDs for more than one apps and I had just given an update adding 4 more apps with that same FAN ID.
I got 3 emails and the package name mentioned in them are from the 3/4 apps that I submitted today - I guess it means that FAN disapproved of these 3 apps using the same App ID, for some reason. The app ID and all the rest apps using it is still OK, it seems.

Is it same for you? I have contacted support hopign for a fast reply so that I at least know if I should use another app ID for them.

Edit2: I received the same email for the 4th app now. In short, all 4 apps I submitted today in other stores using a preexisting FAN app ID have not been accepted.

@Anteos
yes that is the case, they seem to try connect the new package names with the FAN App ID and trying to review it.
don’t know if they will block the requests from disapproved package name or they will still allow ad serving for apps using same FAN App ID.

pls do post when you hear back from support

Yes, will do.

I have active support message form 2 months ago that what we have done is allowed. We can use same App IDs for more than one apps. If they start messing up I will get really pissed, this app ID is being used now in more than 30 apps submitted to more than 12 alternative stores.

If FAN really force me to use one App ID for every package name I will need to waste soooooooooooooo much time (mostly because of MoPub mediation)

its high time to look for ad networks which allow same id to be used in multiple apps

Applovin is good option but they have poor fill rate out of tier1
Admob too risky
Chartboost and Unity Ads - Best suited for only games
Appnext ?
StartApp ?

You guys also please make some suggestion. I usually look at the following list of ad networks:
Ad networks - Android library statistics - AppBrain

I use AdMob, AppNext, MoPub without any problems with multiple package names for the same Placement

Admob I will personaly avoid as DroidGenie got banned from admob because of some malicious ads injected by stores or some hackers. I can’t risk that personally.
Appnext performs good for you even on 3rd party stores? can you please share some geo split and ecpm screenshot for recent months for appnext.

I use AppNext as the last option after FAN>AdMob waterfall so I have very little impressions. general ecpm is about 1.7$ for Interstitials on App Launch (about 16% CTR and 3.5% CR)

Hi Anteos,

in these days I’m starting to use AdPindle SDK into my apps, this Ad Network allow same ID (Hashcode) to be used in multiple apps. I’ll update you on eCPM, FillRate and if the earnings are good :wink:

Well admob is only network that performs so made new account after applying for Employer ID and registered new account as a business. It was the apps that Had hummermobi in them I believe they were the culprit for the malicious ads. I had like 20 apps with both, all new apps will be admob only no other adnetworks.

keep us updated and hows payment terms

Guys, I am still waiting for the answer of support.
But in the meantime, I am getting worried - for my apps, I usually change the package name slightly between the GP version and the other stores version. Do you think that in the future, FAN could opt to stop supplying with ads the package name which is not running in Google Play?

Reply:

Hi,

Thank you for writing in. My name is Andrea and I would be happy to help you! Based on our policies we require each App to have their own App ID and Bundle ID and separate Placement IDs. We are currently only supporting apps that reside official stores like Google Play and Apple iTunes store. The app can be listed on alternative stores only if they can be verified through an official store. Once they are in the official store then it can be distributed through an alternative store. Please let me know if you have any questions!

I have inquired further because I might run into even more problems - I slightly change package name between the GP version and the other stores version. Since it is different package name, might be that they will soon stop giving ads to the package names that are not live in GP. Bad news!

So far you got the warning only for package names outside of Google Play?

Yup,so far. And not for all of them.

Do you show Admob/FAN on App start? Will it cause problems?

Yes, I show FAN/AdMob/AppNext on app start

End of fan story for me. All apps where I got this alert are not serving ads now. If admob also start to do like this then so many developers will go out of business. I know a lot of people who never link their app in admob and are using adunit I’d in non-gp stores only. I think I will now definitely have some mediation in my apps.

My Dev Console say otherwise

I got these 2 emails today linked to same placement ID’s, None of these apps are on Google Play.

Welcome to Facebook’s Audience Network!
Congratulations! The app, Fairy Raining Waterfalls LWP, with the identifier, com.cyou.cma.clauncher.theme.v54192624048fe61b3453d77c, has been approved for Audience Network and your ad placements are now live. Remember to enter your payout information, so you can start making money.
Check our Getting Started Guide for more detailed instructions.
As an Audience Network member, we are offering your business free access to Direct Support. Sign up here to contact us with questions about payments, performance, and technical integration.
Thanks,

and this one below with diferent package name.

Welcome to Facebook’s Audience Network!
Congratulations! The app, Fairy Raining Waterfalls LWP, with the identifier, com.cyou.cma.clauncher.theme.v53c2ac4ee8e78b6c16412cae, has been approved for Audience Network and your ad placements are now live. Remember to enter your payout information, so you can start making money.
Check our Getting Started Guide for more detailed instructions.
As an Audience Network member, we are offering your business free access to Direct Support. Sign up here to contact us with questions about payments, performance, and technical integration.
Thanks,