No.2 in Top New Free still no income

Hi,

We spend about $1200 to get about 5000(total approximate, we got more) installs USA continuously for one of our apps for 4 days in a row(about 1500-2000 per day), we are still testing the market before we give a big order to games development firm for our game …

We also spent an extra $200 for the first day and gave a good boost for about 2500-3000 installs for first day …

Now on third day our app hit no. 2 in the category(trivia) in USA(under Free New category), also 41 on Free Trivia , but the number of downloads remained really low …

Its been 8-10 days now and the app now keeps slipping down and we have made absolutely nothing(like $60 odd) against an expenditure of $1500+ , the number of downloads also remain really low …

So its not like a lot of people are downloading our apps and then uninstalling it for being disliked , despite being a top in many categories we could not get much downloads …

Is this normal , what we expect in future , should we expect some rankings for keywords and then some downloads…

Can any one please tell us with their experience what we might have done wrong …

Also between jigsaw and solitaire for our next app which is best …

Regards
Rajiv

Please please please do not spend money on campaigns unless it is a sustained campaign. The market has changed, there is no longer a way for indies to make a business out of development with traditional methods. You are so late to the game it’s not even funny! Stop spending money unless you never want to see it again. Sorry for the brutal honesty!

@Apps -Thanks, actually we have funds to try out the app market but before we make any major investment we need to cut the mistakes , so can you please tell us how the game has changes and what we need to do to correct it, is there any thread or post where i can read about it … We can spend continuously as well …

Regards
Rajiv

Seems like your interested in doing the right things to be successful, I have spent the better part of the last 5 years solely earning from developing apps and there is potential. You have to create addictive games. I have an app that gets 100 dls a day and makes $1500 usd per month and I have apps that get thousands a day and make only a fraction of that. If your serious about making a dent in this industry then study trends intently, in particular, the iOS App Store. This forum is a hot mess, full of scammers and run of the mill degenerates. Best to spend time in the toucharcade.com forums or iPhonedevsdk.com or How To Make Mobile Games, these are more professional forums. Best of luck, Apps

@Apps thanks a lot, is there any other android forums as well …

Regards
Rajiv

Really? Market just changed but still it’s possible. Now ASO is a king. Market gone to keywords rankings and social. Top new rankings are not important any more but keyword position in country.

@ramzixp - thanks we paid a good amount for high quality screen shots and logos and description and all , lets hope we can see some good results as a result of that may be …

Regards
Rajiv

No offense bro but you are the absolute worst person to ever take advice from! But your racist xenophobic posts are at least entertaining!

Income will take time…you need good user base to generate revenue… atleast 10000 impressions a day is minimum to see revenue…Spend money on ASO which is very very important…There are people who can write Quality ASO description with keyword report for 20$…You can get better results with ASO than campaigns…

@NokiaDev -Thanks, we did got the description written by a guy who charged $50 at fiverr for premium service … lets hope it does work it was about 250 words … with no keyword spamming and words we wanted to rank appearing 2-3 times …we are getting only 300-400 impressions for the app …

Regards
Rajiv

As @Apps said; you are trying to do the right thing which is good. You can make a crappy app/game, spend 100s of dollars on it and it gets nowhere. You have to build something good, something catchy and addicting; Spend time and study the current trend, see what the users want and what they use on a regular basis.

A game is a “game” but your game should have some catch to it, something different; features that would “wow” the users. Don’t just make a trivia game that’s just like all the others on the Play Store, make something different.

And as @NokiaDev says - revenue takes time. In my case I created an Audio Recording app in May, spent 20-30 on Adwords… exchanged reviews on here and at this point I have been getting a good 80-100+ downloads every day…The market is saturated with those apps, but I added a twist to my Recording app that separates it from the rest on the Play Store.

Good Luck!

…and you think you are getting these 80-100+ downloads because your app is different than others? :slight_smile: Especialy audio recorder? People are looking for top5 apps on current keyword, you have probably long tail and in some country got good keyword position.

You just proved my point silly. You don’t have to dump thousands of dollars on an APP. Proper presentation, how you deliver your apps… equipped with something “different” will do the trick.

Now I see why you are not too fond of on here, pure hatred and negativity.

why, i don’t hate you :smiley:

How many organic downloads you are getting daily and which countries…

@NokiaDev - all traffic is US some 50-60 odd downloads in all from other countries, well it shows only 650 organic downloads so far …

Regards
Rajiv

Daily 650 downloads are good but not enough my friend…wait for few days you will see the results grow…in my early days of my app with 800 organic downloads and 4 mins of each session in app I am getting like 5$ but now with 1500 downloads and 3 min session in app I am getting 20-30$.

Just to clarify, you are getting 1500 Organic installs per day for one app or overall? which equates to 20-30 dollars. That’s not bad.

@Andre3wap - we got 650 installs in all over 8 days, also today the number of installs and ad impressions have tanked in a big way …we are not making any money now …

Regards
Rajiv

Where did you buy the installs from? and how many uninstalls did you have?