Google wipes clean all reviews and ratings

Hi,

Just a few days back i posted about how i tried a review service to get some review and ratings for one of our lesser apps, later i marked the reviews as spam and unpublished the app, now about 7 days later,all the reviews and ratings are gone…

Is it because we marked the reviews as spam, as all the review and ratings were from one country only and very easy to detect, or has google been able to detect the reviews from that review provider as fake and removed it …

Strangely it also removed one rating which was genuine i believe as it was not from the country from which the service provider has sent us the review and ratings…

Is this normal action from google, can any one guide here as why they removed the one genuine rating as well …

Regards
Rajiv

I got same issue

@freez - i think something big happened in last 48 hours and now fake reviews should be dead … as google now not only deletes fake reviews but sweeps clean genuine one’s as well along with fake one’s …

Rajiv

Same issue here, my app2top reviews suddenly deleted

So i had 4 reviews and 5 ratings and they were deleted , some people definitely must have more, it seems they detected the fake review sites and cleaned up each and every one, just wondering if our accounts are safe or in danger …

also i know for sure now that many top rankings apps use fake reviews on a massive scale, what can be the impact on them …

Rajiv

finally some good news for people like me who never use such services :smiley: :smiley: . Even if I never use fake ratings today i saw 1 or max 2 reviews less on some apps but I’m still happy if they deleted all fake ones on the other apps. I also noticed a small global grow on downloads today but I believe is too early to correlate the two things together

Yes now what is going to be interesting is how big apps , who use a barrage of fake ratings to overshadow the real ratings(which are negative in many cases) , this being true in case of many financial apps that provide free coupons and recharge etc, how google deals with them as that is where people loose real money and get cheated not gaming apps …

Regards
Rajiv

Yes, I am too

Good news for me.

20 reviews deleted … :frowning:

200 reviews deleted… app2top should refund

@ramzixp - in your experience, this widespread action, does this put our apps or accounts at risk …

How much time until they delete fake installs?

yes, you will be banned today! muahahhahhaha

lol, just read info on app2top. it is not a first time like that

I also got some hundreds !!! reviews deleted yesterday (which were from app2top) …

The strange thing is … now the reviews are seeming to getting back (slowly) …

So either google is giving back them or (what i think more) that app2top is now posting all reviews again ?

Anybody else those experience ?

app2top ;/ is adding them again in force;/ it can end very bad ;/

@tobiblueeyes @ramzixp- can the bots of review services find an unpublished app and add reviews to it , we do not want any more such reviews for us , how we stop this…

Regards
Rajiv

I do’t think that Google will ban the accounts. In fact they must have done this in first place. But they preffered to delete the fake reviews. May be its kind of warning…

I also do not think, that google will ban apps or accounts because of this …
it would make no sense … because then google must ban almost every (top) app …
All top apps are also using fake reviews…

Also if they would ban the apps… then you could make ban all your competitior apps.
You only would have to buy some fake reviews for a competitor app and google would all ban then …

That would be a joke … then i also could buy for example 100 fake reviews for 10 dollar for maybe Hay Day and some days later the app would be banned…

makes no sense… how should google know WHO had buyed those reviews…

@gcc , @tobiblueeyes - yes excellent point, but now how do we stop these bots from adding reviews as their initial reviews were deleted, it seems some service providers are adding new reviews on their own …

Regards
Rajiv