Google is now rejecting Apps for no reason

Didnt know the word Penguin is infringing on people’s copyrights. Spent 4 hours today making a platformer game with a penguin decided to called it “Penguin Adventure Runner Game” App got rejected and Google wants me to change the app title claiming it infringes on copyright. Seriously? this is just a Generic Game title, You can’t copyright an animal, you cant copyright the word adventure, runner or game. Google is getting out of hand now. A lot of the employees they have working there testing the apps have no idea what they are doing and I thought Samsung was bad. Glad I am getting into iOS now.

I will go ahead and resubmit the game in hopes that someone else will test it as Penny didn’t get her coffee today.

This will be the last app I publish to google Play, just getting tired of the treatment. Maybe if they start charging $100 a year like apple instead of a measly $25 then they can hire some professionals.

Hi Developers at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thanks for submitting your app to Google Play. I reviewed Penguin Adventure Runner Game, com.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.penguinadventure, and had to reject it because your app title violates our impersonation policy. If you submitted an update, the previous version of your app is still live on Google Play.

Here’s how you can submit your app for another review:

Sign in to your Developer Console and change your app title so that it doesn’t imply an official relationship with an existing product or service.
Read through the Impersonation article for more details. For example, you can note relevance at the end of your app title.
    Incorrect: “Ingress Guide”
    Correct: “Guide for Ingress”
Make sure your app is compliant with the Impersonation and Intellectual Property policy and all other policies listed in the Developer Program Policies. Remember that additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy issues with your apps.
Submit your app.

If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel this rejection may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team. One of my colleagues will get back to you within 2 business days.

I appreciate your support of Google Play!

Best,

Penny

Google Play Review Team

I searched trademark Data Base and Penguin Adventure is not trademarked at all. So therefor I can legally Use this app title. there is also over 100 games with that app title. I just changed it to “Penguin xxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxx” which is like a dumb name that makes no sense and the app is finally live.

Thanks Google :slight_smile:

Wont be long until app titles become this “Hjsdfghkfsd HGKHL Game” or “jkldshfklsda sdfjghjklfg Live Wallpaper” or “JKHKLHLHLKHLK Arcade Fun”

Unbelievable.
It’s really impossible to make business with Google.
Not only in the play store but in General.

I wish you the best in your adventure for IOS.

yept, they gone mad…

recently published one pure app without any copyright infringement, it got refused,

• updated got refused again (don’t know why, email wasn’t obvious)
  • wrote an appeal, they rejected and wrote a stupid reason
  • updated again, got refused again
  • wrote a long appeal, that they are out of their mind, that they are ****ed up, nothing is wrong with my app and some other shit, they accepted and now it is online

and now, seems like it is search results are broken (happened once before with another app)

already several days online, but it doesn’t show “similar apps”, or “users also installed”

Onve I’ve got “Penguin battery” suspended because IP infringement and impersonation policy break. The only gfx used there was some public domain penguin image.

I guess “Penguin” could refer to the huge book publisher. Google Play does seem to focus more on ebooks these days. That could be a reason for a flag.

Fùck google.

hay DroidGenie totally agree with you, they have gone mad, i just got mine rejected for copyright and impersonation, my app was called youtubers suck and they said i cant use youtubers as its impersonating youtube, thick twats cant understand english by the sounds of it, i mean all you have to do is google search what is youtuber and its there in the Cambridge dictionary and is clearlly defined as people who use youtube, iv appealed still waiting for a reply or the app to come passed, i also gave them links to the meaning of youtube and youtuber/youtubers so they can learn, i bet they still refuse it, apple and amazon have no problem with the name.