Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Android Studio vs Eclipse

Any experienced feedback is appreciated if its worth using Android Studio over Eclipse.

Ofcourse Eclipse comfort the comfort zone in setting up all the stuff required to make the app with wonderful editor.
    I have lots of things to move from eclipse to Studio. So wanted to have some overview from someone who has found out the difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcc View Post
    Any experienced feedback is appreciated if its worth using Android Studio over Eclipse.

Ofcourse Eclipse comfort the comfort zone in setting up all the stuff required to make the app with wonderful editor.
    I have lots of things to move from eclipse to Studio. So wanted to have some overview from someone who has found out the difference.
    I was the biggest defender of Eclipse ever... for March I had to make something in Android Studio and stayed. Eclipse is a shit for me now.

Difference:
    -gradle system, it's really cool, if you want to import for example google play services, you can do it with ONE code line, Android Studio will download library from internet, the same ad networks libraries, still networks demands downloading jar but it's going to change in future, I saw networks when you need to write one code line and studio is going to download library from ad network server
    -same... github libraries, enter integration code line and done, everything downloaded and connected with your project^^
    -editor is filling code
    example
    button.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener) and studio finish code for you, not only listeners ofcourse^^
    -build flavours, generate unlimited apk versions (different resources, code, manifests, etc.) from one project

In Eclipse you cannot use new material design features so easily or you cannot use them ever.

3. Likes gcc liked this post
    Thanks Magnesus, gcc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Do you have somewhere a list of shortcuts in studio? For example in eclipse i used alt+shift+n to create new file and much more... In studio some of them are different and i can't find a list with them
    Want to start making real money? Read my ebook first!

gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmkkksss View Post
    Do you have somewhere a list of shortcuts in studio? For example in eclipse i used alt+shift+n to create new file and much more... In studio some of them are different and i can't find a list with them
    Thanks for pointing out this. It was my immediate next thought. Did some Google and found out following. May be worth.
    I still need to test it.

Android Studio shortcuts like Eclipse - Stack Overflow

6. Likes mmmkkksss liked this post
    gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Anyone used AppToTop services?
    Any idea if its safe to use and not hated by Google bots?

How they make sure 5 start rating? is it really worth?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Anyone used AppToTop services?
    Any idea if its safe to use and not hated by Google bots?

How they make sure 5 start rating? is it really worth?
    Hey. I used it. (I assure you mean app2top?). For me it's working ok. Of course it will not give you top100 ranking with just a few dollars. I use them to boost my ratings. They just install your app and rate it without opening, so you don't have retention. But you will get higher ratings, so it may have impact on keyword rankings etc.

I think it's worth trying in a good app. Don't bother to use them in shit apps. If you made a nice app and you want to increase ratings - use them. You can fully customize comment texts and everything.

If you are not registered - you can use my link in signature. I personally got installs and reviews from other source (I got a private offer and i pay way more than in app2top, but app is launched and least 1 time and it better boost app in top list)
    Want to start making real money? Read my ebook first!

gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmkkksss View Post
    Hey. I used it. (I assure you mean app2top?). For me it's working ok. Of course it will not give you top100 ranking with just a few dollars. I use them to boost my ratings. They just install your app and rate it without opening, so you don't have retention. But you will get higher ratings, so it may have impact on keyword rankings etc.

I think it's worth trying in a good app. Don't bother to use them in shit apps. If you made a nice app and you want to increase ratings - use them. You can fully customize comment texts and everything.

If you are not registered - you can use my link in signature. I personally got installs and reviews from other source (I got a private offer and i pay way more than in app2top, but app is launched and least 1 time and it better boost app in top list)

Sure. Let me compare others with this first. Thanks anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Sure. Let me compare others with this first. Thanks anyway.
    For me it's useless because got couple bans 1 hour after pushing some 50 reviews Before I was using it with success, now for me it's risky. Problem is that app is not opening even once.

gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramzixp View Post
    For me it's useless because got couple bans 1 hour after pushing some 50 reviews Before I was using it with success, now for me it's risky. Problem is that app is not opening even once.
    Ok.
    But i can still see their link in your signature area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It takes some time to get used to android studio but its totally worth it, they have faster emulators, nice extensions, and the dark Dracula theme is also great.

Also google will stop supporting eclipse soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast