Pollfish and content rating questionnaire

Does the app share user-provided personal information with third parties?
this is what google explains

Shares Personal Information

Developers should answer “Yes” if the app shares user-provided personal information with any third party (other than the app’s developer or publisher). Examples of user-provided personal information include name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, social security number, financial information, and private records.

Unique numbers/identifiers automatically generated by the app, the mobile device or wireless service provider are not considered user-provided personal information.

Developers should answer “No” if users can share personal information within the app or if anonymous information is reported for analytics purposes, such as Google Analytics, and they don’t share user-provided personal information with third parties.

so what should i answer with regard to pollfish "yes’ or “no”

@andreasv please help me

Hello @nishadts, you should answer Yes only if you have enabled on Pollfish dashboard “With gift” since in that case users at the end of the questionnaire provide if they wish their email in order to get into draws for prizes and get notified later on. Otherwise Pollfish does not have access to any of the information you described above! Hope that helps.

Thank u for clarifying

One more doubt I have seen some times pollfish themselves asking users to enter email ID if they wish to run a survey?
So shoud I tick yes to be on the safe side

Hello @nishadts thank you for your comment this is not how Pollfish system works. There is never a requirement for users to enter an email in order to participate to a Pollfish survey.

On your Pollfish Developer Dashboard you can select surveys to be served either with a gift prompt or not:

If you select “without a gift” then users will be initially prompt if they would like to participate in a survey and share their opinion. On the last screen of the surveys they will just see a Thank you message.

If you select “with gift” then on the first screen users will be prompted if they would like to participate to a survey and get into a draw for a prize (usually gift cards). When they complete the survey on the last screen they will see a Thank you message, information about the days of the draw and optionally if they would like to participate to the draw to enter their email. This way Pollfish will be able to prompt them with instructions on how to get their gift if they win at the day of the draw. When a user decides to take a survey he agrees with Terms of Use for respondents where all these are described. Again, on the last step, it is always optional for users to enter their email to participate into a draw.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: