Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I've noticed Startapp isnt really active on the forums anymore, what happen with Ariel? How is the business doing? I used Startapp 4 years ago and was actually reconsidering using them again but now that I've read this thread maybe not

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devo1985 View Post
    I've noticed Startapp isnt really active on the forums anymore, what happen with Ariel? How is the business doing? I used Startapp 4 years ago and was actually reconsidering using them again but now that I've read this thread maybe not
    Nowadays, I suggest to use some bigger ad networks. Applovin, Appnext, inmobi, vungle, adcolony or even airpush(180 workers), we have guarantee that network will not dissapear. The worst are 1-10 people networks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1appmarket View Post
    I don't run just on google play, I have my own app store and my own ad network that I run traffic with also so my numbers will vary then other peoples because I've optimized a lot and cross promote a ton. I wouldn't recommend just focusing on G-play either, Go upload on Getjar or Aptoide or the other 300 other markets..there is MORE traffic on 3rd party then google play ..google play only dominates north america markets ..they control something around 4-6% of the global market if I remember correctly which is really nothing. Cross promoting will make your life 1000x easier too and you'll make more money because you can target the right users with the right apps.

A quality app is basic something like a simple collage creator app or photo editor and they do amazing or something to do with instagram / facebook / social ..there are a ton of niches besides games that do very well.

unless you have a big budget or access to a large traffic source i'd stay far away from games because you'll get wiped out by people with massive budgets
    @1appmarket
    Very good points you made. You seem to understand the business better than a lot of people on this forum. We've seen similar trends across some of our big publishers in 3rd-party markets.
    We are in the process of finishing up our third-party SDK, which will benefit a lot of developers in emerging markets, and across many of the other fragmented markets.

Matt Brown
    Alphagravel Developer Relations

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1appmarket View Post
    I don't run just on google play, I have my own app store and my own ad network that I run traffic with also so my numbers will vary then other peoples because I've optimized a lot and cross promote a ton. I wouldn't recommend just focusing on G-play either, Go upload on Getjar or Aptoide or the other 300 other markets..there is MORE traffic on 3rd party then google play ..google play only dominates north america markets ..they control something around 4-6% of the global market if I remember correctly which is really nothing. Cross promoting will make your life 1000x easier too and you'll make more money because you can target the right users with the right apps.

A quality app is basic something like a simple collage creator app or photo editor and they do amazing or something to do with instagram / facebook / social ..there are a ton of niches besides games that do very well.

unless you have a big budget or access to a large traffic source i'd stay far away from games because you'll get wiped out by people with massive budgets
    If Google play only had 4 to 6%, then I can confirm getjar or Aptoide only had 0.004% market share. They are really nothing. I don't know why you are saying there is more traffic outside Google play, and it is not only dominate north america, your facts are all wrong.

The biggest market outside Google play is in China.

5. Likes mmmkkksss, tacchan23 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Look at new offerwall from startapp.
    You can download one app and see how it behaves:

StartApp Offerwall

7. Dislikes code4life, mmmkkksss disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The true reason for the issues about Startapp is that we(Advertisers) can't make money on it, it's a good network, I had spent over $1,000,000 on startapp. It's getting harder than before, we can't make money, so you can't either, but you guys can wait, because we are waiting too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Try FAN, they have about hundreds employer for mobile apps ads. I have plan to remove startapp completely because very very low CPM and revenue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12