Your experience from Amazon Underground

Guys, I want to know, how has your experience been on Amazon Underground ?
They pay 0.0013-0.002$ per minute. Which is quite a lot. My app gets 54 million minutes every month. If it was under Amazon underground Program I would have been making 50,000$-100,000$ per month
Have any one of you tried it?
What has your experience been ?

As far as I know Amazon underground works only for Kindle devices …Kindle devices are very much less than compared to Google play services devices so we can’t make much with Amazon underground when compared with normal stats…Amazon underground worked well for my friend…

Exactly you won’t be getting much as it would be in Google Play.
Amazon is also strict about their apps if they cannot be functioning well in their Kindle devices.

I never used kindle device and no idea how it works.

• Is there any difference between “Amazon underground” and amazon ads we get when we publish android apk in amazon store?

• what is the category of apps we can run in kindle?

Please share your knowledge on it in detail.

Amazon Underground is available on any device, not only Kindle. The question is - how much people are making on it? I haven’t tried it yet myself…

I have four apps in Amazon Underground. It’s a disaster. Not that I was making a lot of money before. I made about 25 dollars a month in regular Amazon by selling the apps that are now in Underground as well. In a couple of months my revenue reduced to half after joining Underground. That’s because no one buys the apps anymore. I did not sell one app this month, while before I sold a couple a week. So what was to be expected is true, Underground canabalises app revenue, and is not able to make up for the loss in selling. And this while I have about thousand minutes of use a week.

The only bright side is that I had a couple of lovely reviews from people who like my now free apps.

Since the whole thing is about a few penny’s, I will let it go for now, and from a curiousity point of view wait and see what will happen.

Do you guys have to add an SDK or just make your apps free for underground?

You only need to adapt your app icon. There is a ‘sash’ needed that says ‘underground’, and you need to rename your namespace. Thats all.

Thousands of minutes won’t do
Because they pay 0.002$ per minute, but it gets interesting when the minutes are in millions,like 50 million in my case

Thank you, that’s something I wanted to clear out myself

Amazon Underground is available on any device, not only Kindle. The question is - how much people are making on it? I haven’t tried it yet myself…