Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NokiaDev View Post
    So one month completed and its 2 days..Anyone got banned by exit ads ?..My friend app with 1m plus downloads is active till now..share your thoughts..
    So far my Apps are still alive... but I am slowly updating them removing Exit Ads just in case.

2. Likes NokiaDev liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    my experience that happened to me in the last 2 weeks: was using admob interstitial on exit, inside the app in one activity and admob banner. Got an email from admob saying that serving ads was disabled in my app due to some layout issues(a regular email when you have no idea what exactly you need to fix).
    My exit interstitial was working this way: user is in main activity => he clicks on device's back button => an interstitial appears => the user ignores the interstitial and he still remains in the main activity => the user clicks again the back button and the app closes.
    So I thought to try my luck and add an exit dialog("Are you sure you want to exit?") after the interstitial is closed....so I made an appeal to admob and they have re-enabled serving ads to my app.
    Based on this case I think exit ads are not forbidden but your user needs to know what is happening in your app.
    Please don't take my experience for granted, because admob and google play are still somehow different companies operating under different policies.

4. Likes Wob liked this post
    Wob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowBox View Post
    I find it incredible how Google keeps putting annoying and useless updates just to disturb the people that created this whole Android thing.
    Shame on you Google.
    Even they cannot be specifically clear about their own terms.
    I am sure even if you go far by contacting Google support team they won't even know themselves.
    Oh wait!

They don't have a support team.
    Everything is run with bots.

I saw this video on YouTube which I find very funny.
    It is about YouTube copyrights but it goes for the same as Google Play and such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tljJhLB5k4
    ... Google did way more for Android than you and me and lot of developers...
    Keep it in mind. Android without apps can be used. In the opposite it would be hard to run an app without the OS, isn't it ?

Exit ads are an horrible user experience (and may create memory problems). This kind of ads is one of the reason of the use of ad blocker.
    So please, advertise your app properly and everybody will be able to earn money.
    Thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wob View Post
    ... Google did way more for Android than you and me and lot of developers...
    Keep it in mind. Android without apps can be used. In the opposite it would be hard to run an app without the OS, isn't it ?

Exit ads are an horrible user experience (and may create memory problems). This kind of ads is one of the reason of the use of ad blocker.
    So please, advertise your app properly and everybody will be able to earn money.
    Thx
    Is that a good reason why Google can't make their policies clear? is that a good reason why Google support team can't answer questions directly instead of simply quoting their very generic policy and let users guess?
    No, it's not a good reason.

7. Likes Magnesus, NokiaDev, A1ka1inE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly.
    This is their policy.

Ads that are triggered by the home button or other features explicitly designed for exiting the app.

The home button is clearly made to exit the app.
    The back button not.

I am sure they will find a way to make this policy somehow.
    It is their store and their rules.

If you make money off ads they have no profit in that.
    They want your iAP, they get a cold 30%.
    They don't care about you or me or any user experience.
    Such a monopoly.

And for Mister Wob, I guess you did not receive any unknown strike from the mighty Google.
    Don't worry you will.

9. Likes Magnesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vadimbolun View Post
    my experience that happened to me in the last 2 weeks: was using admob interstitial on exit, inside the app in one activity and admob banner. Got an email from admob saying that serving ads was disabled in my app due to some layout issues(a regular email when you have no idea what exactly you need to fix).
    My exit interstitial was working this way: user is in main activity => he clicks on device's back button => an interstitial appears => the user ignores the interstitial and he still remains in the main activity => the user clicks again the back button and the app closes.
    So I thought to try my luck and add an exit dialog("Are you sure you want to exit?") after the interstitial is closed....so I made an appeal to admob and they have re-enabled serving ads to my app.
    Based on this case I think exit ads are not forbidden but your user needs to know what is happening in your app.
    Please don't take my experience for granted, because admob and google play are still somehow different companies operating under different policies.
    Because you blocked exit. Your users got no clue he need to press back buttons again to exit the app. Adding a dialog is much better, and thus admob accepted it.

gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NokiaDev View Post
    So one month completed and its 2 days..Anyone got banned by exit ads ?..My friend app with 1m plus downloads is active till now..share your thoughts..
    I have stopped showing interstitials on exit now and adjusted them on app start with the help of loading screen. Though its huge loss, but can not be done anything.

Wait.... i have few apps in which i need to turn in the WiFi automatically on app start. Does it against new policies of Google?

gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacchan23 View Post
    Is that a good reason why Google can't make their policies clear? is that a good reason why Google support team can't answer questions directly instead of simply quoting their very generic policy and let users guess?
    No, it's not a good reason.
    Sorry to say but...
    - As i know admob has given links showing proper gif animationd of do's and don't ad samples.

- why they do not reply to developers?
    I am not aware of how many developers are active and pulishing on Google market. But there must be big numbers. So i think replying one by one is tedious task and follow up will be more complex. Moreover when half of the queries are either repetitive or baseless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I have enough of this to be honest. Last year all I do is update, update, update because of Google changes. And today another updates to do - one because of MoPub SDK, second because apparently using ACRA is now not allowed. I will remove exit ads at the same time. And push more for making games on other platforms - I will dedicate more time for iOS and Steam.

My back hurts from the long hours, I am afraid to read e-mails with another warnings, developing for Andorid is becoming like a torture for me. Maybe it's time to call it quits.
    Last edited by Magnesus; 2016-04-05 at 06:59 AM.

14. Likes mmmkkksss, gcc liked this post
    gcc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowBox View Post
    Exactly.
    This is their policy.

Ads that are triggered by the home button or other features explicitly designed for exiting the app.

The home button is clearly made to exit the app.
    The back button not.

I am sure they will find a way to make this policy somehow.
    It is their store and their rules.

If you make money off ads they have no profit in that.
    They want your iAP, they get a cold 30%.
    They don't care about you or me or any user experience.
    Such a monopoly.

And for Mister Wob, I guess you did not receive any unknown strike from the mighty Google.
    Don't worry you will.
    I got my admob ads stopped 2 times because of exit ads 4 months ago and i removed them and adjusted in the app start. I made appeal after correction and they resumed the ads within 24 hours. That was the best part and made me think that they respond quickly to the appeals if they are done in time and as per rules.

But afterall its their market and their rule.
    Unfortunately following their rules is the last option irrespective of how genuine those policiy quites are.

Sorry to say that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast